Blue series next batch?

FYI I didn’t receive an email. I checked my account and found the tracking number there.

That was for replacements I’m guessing? Any new orders should receive tracking and confirmation once they are processesd.

1 Like

Oops. I missed this was a thread for a new batch.

1 Like

yes please, thank you @Courtney_Inovelli !

There is such little information that I can find on this. When I pre-ordered the blue switches, it said thread would be supported. I realized after I received them that thread wasn’t supported. Is this future update to the radio firmware supposed to allow thread support on my current blue switches? If anyone could clarify or point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

I’m not sure what the “it” is that you’re referring to. I don’t believe Thread was listed as a switch feature on the product listing in the store; however, there has been extensive discussion of it here in the community. Inovelli’s plan has been to ultimately provide an upgrade path for the Blue 2in1 to be upgraded to thread. Upgraded, not out of the box with the currently shipping switches.

The currently shipping switches and until Inovelli says otherwise, contain a MG21 chip. The plan as laid out by Inovelli is to provide an upgrade path for that switch to Thread by updating via a cable attached to the switch. That is the stated plan; however, it is still in the works and yet currently a thing.

Down the road, the plan is for the switches to be built with a MG24 chip, which will allow you to upgrade to Thread OTA, so a cable won’t be needed. That’s the stated plan, however at this time Inovelli hasn’t said with certainty (AFAIK) when the switches will start shipping with the MG24. So right now, that’s not a thing either.

But according to Inovelli, both are coming.

5 Likes

The new blue fan will get the MG24. No exact date on the switch yet.

@Bry i should have said I was under the impression that it would. But thank you for clearing it up. I just wasn’t sure what the path looked like.

1 Like

Any updates on an ETA for the orders that were originally estimated to ship in Dec 2022?

Edit: Today (Jan 30) I just got a shipping notification today for my order (10 x Blue switches) placed on October 15. Just looks like a label was created so far. Nothing for my second order on October 30 yet.

3 Likes