Blue series routing trouble?

That I perfect! I was imagining having to capture all the traffic and sift through it all. Guess I’ll be getting a hub. Thanks again!

1 Like

FYI, I just got some routers from you :slight_smile: They are working VERY well!

2 Likes

I think you can use a mitm proxy app on ios or andriod with the app to get the auth cookie/tokens needed for the curl calls I’m not fully up to speed on that.

1 Like

Thanks, I ordered some bulbs to do some testing.

1 Like

No dice regarding a potential firmware update. The bulb is at firmware 0.0.22, which is the latest version according to the hub. Was worth a shot.

Question, did you remove the plugs? Looking at your map I only see bulbs and blue switches but no plugs on there. I’m wondering what would happen if you added them back in?

It is very possible that there is something in the Sengled bulbs that aren’t fully compliant, similar to how Aqara devices are. I’ve got 6 Sengled bulbs in my office controlled by my blue switch and it’s been flawless since July. With that said, none of the bulbs are routing through the switch, they are all connected through my Sinope thermostats. But the thermostats are all showing as siblings with the switch.

I removed the plugs. They had a habit of flipping out and clicking their relays on and off every few seconds randomly, a bit disconcerting and very annoying. Plus they were hard to keep plugged in, people would unplug them and they could be a hazard around kids.

Wondering if there’s been any update with this issue. I’ve been using sengled bulbs (the E21-N1EA like above) for a bit more than a year and have had no problems with them until now. I’m using ZHA in Home Assistant and a Sonoff Zigbee Dongle 3.0 Plus using 20220219 firmware.

I ordered 6 switches, and was lucky enough to only have 1 in the original batch. I’ve been slowly installing them over the past few months, and with the first 3 installed, the bulbs worked flawlessly.

This weekend, I installed two more switches. Friday, I installed the switch that I received as a replacement and one of the bulbs dropped off almost immediately. After power cycling, it came back online, but the rest of the bulbs dropped over the course of the day. Power cycling those, they stayed on through Saturday until Sunday.

For the sake of full disclosure: Sunday, I decided to go ahead and install the ‘bad’ switch in the room adjacent to the coordinator as I’ve heard that they are generally fine if in a strong network or near the coordinator, and figured that I should do so before I install the other 2 in case I need to use one of those.

This morning, I woke up to all 4 of the sengled bulbs unavailable in Home Assistant. I suspect, considering it was an issue after installing the new replacement switch, I suspect that to be the problem. I’ve removed that particular switch from my network and will see if that seems to fix my issue.

Firmware improvements for this are in development, yes. Look for 2.10 to be released soon™.

Awesome. Thanks!

Please keep us updated.

1 Like

So far so good.
To clarify, the good replacement switch was taken offline (still installed and powered, just not on the network) and the “bad” switch is still installed and connected up.

Since disconnecting the switch from the network none of the bulbs have disconnected as of yet. It’s only been about a day, but previously, they didn’t remain connected for an entire day.

1 Like