Blue series VZM35-SN LED parameters don't take effect until switch is operated

Curious if you can try this workaround:

At the end of the rule send a 1 or 2 second notification to the switch. This can match the color you are trying to set the bar to can be “clear” or whatever.

I will gladly give this a try this weekend! Thanks for the suggestion and stay tuned. Appreciate the idea.

I was just able to replicate the same/similar issue not using rules or scenes; just from the device page. Parameter 95 and 96 wasn’t taking effect at the switch until I press on the up/down paddle. @EricM_Inovelli sent you a video of it. May or may not be related.

2 Likes

Oh good, I’m glad I’m not crazy :sweat_smile:

Thanks for chiming in! If videos are helpful I can certainly do the same. I think rule machine itself is far on the outside of this issue; it’s all about the parameter setting itself

1 Like

Thanks for the info. The engineers are checking it out. If you get a chance please also try the workaround as I am curious if it makes a difference.

I just tried this out and it did work - I sent a quick 2 second fast blink notification to a fan switch that was stuck in a prior LED configuration; it picked up the notification right away and when it ended, the correct LED configuration was displayed.

That’s a helpful workaround since I can probably use that to make these automations work, but I still think it would be nice if it wasn’t necessary :slight_smile:

1 Like

For sure, it is something we will take care of in an update. Just wanted something to help in the meantime.

2 Likes

Not sure if you have had a chance to test this yet, but do you know if firmware 1.05+ fixed this issue?

Edit: it has been fixed according to the update notes, but I just want to make sure.

I haven’t yet - I’ve been watching the changelog thread for the new FW and been a little apprehensive of trying it out as it seems like there are still some kinks. Do you think there’s another version bump coming or should I jump in?