Blue VZM35-SN can't activate automations in Home Assistant?

The VZM35-SN doesn’t seem to activate triggers in Home Assistant… I am trying to program an automation that turns on a different light switch when I double tap the up button on the fan switch:

- id: fan_switch_office_up_press
  alias: Fan Switch @Office (Up) Press
  trigger:
  - device_id: 9a60e0724b1cdd2ede7e3de8beb7a4e5
    domain: zha
    platform: device
    type: remote_button_double_press
    subtype: Up
  action:
  - service: light.turn_on
    entity_id: light.light_switch_office_light

The above code does not work. It does not work based on pressing the up, down or config button. Nor do any of the hold functions work. It appears everything in the zha domain is broken.

The interesting thing is, if I set the trigger to be “turned on” instead of “up double press”, it works. But this is on the light domain, instead of the zha domain:

alias: Fan Switch @Office (Up) Press
trigger:
  - device_id: 9a60e0724b1cdd2ede7e3de8beb7a4e5
    entity_id: 2c2b752cd062ac6876f6160f64a6cf7c
    domain: light
	platform: device
    type: turned_on
action:
  - service: light.toggle
    entity_id: light.light_switch_office_light

The Blue VZM31 Light switches don’t have this problem. and properly fire off the zha domain button presses. This appears to be a bug in the VZM35 firmware.

I don’t have a fan switch or use ZHA so I’m just taking a shot in the dark here.

Check out this BLUEPRINT

It’s for the VZM31-SN but the VZM35 firmware is based off the 31 so it should work the same. There is a filter applied to the blueprint so you’ll want to change “model: VZM31-SN” to “model: VZM35-SN” on line 14.

Also make sure your button delay setting isn’t set to 0ms. I find anything below 300ms is very hard to reliably trigger multiple taps.

This is with ZHA? There’s a fix in for it, but it’s not over to HA yet. If you want, you can run a custom quirk here that will resolve it in the meantime. You’d just need to remove the quirk later on after the changes are in a released version.

1 Like

That fixed it. Thanks.

1 Like