Blues go crazy when power is restored at the circuit breaker

I have a really weird issue I was hoping someone might be able to help me with. When I turn off the power to one or more circuits at the circuit breaker, 95% of the time all of the lights connected to my Inovelli Blues start going crazy. They randomly turn on and off every 1-10 seconds and the LED bar rotates through yellow, purple, and blue. Usually the only way to fix this is to restart Home Assistant or reload ZHA, although every once in a while it settles itself out after 30 seconds or so.

I have 14 Inovelli Blues, 2 Inovelli Aux switches, and an Inovelli Fan switch installed throughout my home. All are connected to Home Assistant with ZHA. I’m using a Sonoff ZBDongle-E as my Zigbee coordinator, which so far has been the most reliable one I’ve found.

None of my other dumb lights or even smart bulbs connected to a dumb switch are affected, which makes me think it has something to do with the Blues. However, I also have two Innr SP 224 smart plugs that I’m using as temporary range extenders until I can add the new Blue mmWave switches to the rest of my rooms. When the Blues go crazy, the Innr smart plugs turn on and off repeatedly as well. That could indicate an issue with the Zigbee network, but none of my other Zigbee devices are impacted. Once, and only once, I swear I saw the dumb fan downstairs turn on and off too, but I haven’t been able to repro it since and none of the other devices in the house are impacted.

I keep coming back to the possibility that it could be an issue with the Blues because it started happening a few months ago after I installed a Blue switch in our bonus room and turned back on the power to that circuit. But it also happens when restoring power to other circuits as well.

I spent some time trying to debug the issue this morning, but I haven’t gotten very far. Here’s what I tried:

1. Pulling the air gap on the bonus room switch and turning off/on the power to the bonus room circuit – issue still occurs (so it’s likely not that switch?)
  2. Pulling the air gap on all of the switches, then turning off/on the power at the bonus room circuit – no issues (yay!)
  3. Re-inserting the air gap and then turning off/on the bonus room circuit – no issues
  4. Re-inserting the air gap on the other switches and turning off/on the bonus room circuit (one at a time) – I had no issues with the first 5-6 switches. Then on the next one the issue occurred. So I pulled air gap on the switch and it still happened again, so I think it just occurred randomly and wasn’t that particular switch.
  5. To be safe, I completely disconnected the Innr smart outlets, but that didn’t fix the issue. This makes me think they’re not the problem.

So far I haven’t been able to find a pattern. Everything works perfectly with no Blues or only a handful, but after a certain threshold (and there doesn’t seem to be a consistent one) the network just goes crazy even if power is only restored to circuit with just 1-2 Blues on it. Has anyone seen this before or have any tips?