Cannot change Inovelli blue switch mode (eg to and from Smart Bulb Mode) via paddles

Hello,

I just installed my first Inovelli blue switch.

Turning on the power to the switch I was able to join Zigbee2MQTT.

However, I cannot use the “Hold Up Paddle + Config 4x” method to change to Smart Bulb mode. I can go into Zigbee2MQTT and under the “Exposes” tab change to Smart Bulb Mode and I can tell it works because the paddle stops turning the load on and off.

And in Smart Bulb Mode I cannot use the “Hold Up Paddle + Config 3x release” to switch back to On/Off mode.

Is there a step I’m missing on how to be able to use the paddle and config buttons to switch modes?

Try pressing config button x amount then press the paddle (up or down whichever is being referred).

For some reason I can now use the Hold + press config method, but I am 100% certain it was not working before. I’m not sure what has changed.

I had a similar issue once. I don’t remember the details, but I think the issue was I was releasing both buttons at the same time at the end of the sequence, when I should have been holding the paddle until the light changed and then releasing it. It was a small difference but made all the difference in the world. There are some animations somewhere that show the cadence/sequence for this.

1 Like