Can't get Smart Bulb Mode to work between Inovelli dimmer & Inovellli smart bulb

You mean the version date? I don’t see a version string when I open the Dimmer Switch Device Handler

1 Like

Sorry, I meant date string. Latest should be 2021-11-24

Yes it’s the 11/24 date

@BenJF3 – question for you regarding the Z-Wave Association Tool. Any idea on how you got it to stop giving you the error? I’m working with someone in our tickets that is having a similar issue.

Also, is there any way to post a video of what’s happening when you push the switch? I feel like that would cut down on a lot of the back and forth.

Last request – sorry, I know this is painful and I actually feel really bad you’re having this much trouble.

Can you post your screenshots again of both the, “Closet Dimmer Switch” and, “Closet Light”? I want to check to see that both Groups 2 & 4 are shown.

From an earlier post, I had to change this which wasn’t included in the online step by step. See below. That setting change made the association work, however, I’m still having issue getting the bulb to mirror the switch commands like ramp rate and dimmer settings. It basically is just acting like an on/off switch, but the light is behaving like a hardwired switch with instantaneous execution. I don’t see a way to add a video to the posts here. i could likely email one though if need be.

• Click on Devices
  • Click on the, “Closet Dimmer Switch”
  • Scroll to the bottom and click, “Edit”
  • Click on, “Type” and there should be a drop-down. Find where it says, “Inovelli Dimmer Red Series LZW31-SN” (if it doesn’t show up in your list, make sure you installed, saved and clicked published on the device handler tab)
  • Click, “Save”

Now for your bulb, please do the same steps as above, but instead of searching for, “Inovelli Dimmer Red Series LZW31-SN”, search for, “Inovelli Bulb Multi-Color LZW42”.

Once those are both applied, let me know and we can take it from there.