COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL_V3 and COMMAND_CLASS_CENTRAL_SCENE_V2 being sent on single button press

I ran into this issue on HomeSeer with the LZW36 and was asked to post the results of what I found because others had similar issues…

The device is only being used as a scene controller with no loads. So in this case I am pressing and releasing the bottom button and toggling another switch via the event notification that is generate.

From the HomeSeer log it appears that on a single button press a MultiChannel V3 packet is received, which HS4 translates to a Central Scene V2, which then trips my “Button was pressed” event. Then a Central Scene V2 packet is also received from the device, which of course trips the same event again. It happens that the second event comes in fast enough that the state of the switch being toggled has not yet changed, so both events tell the switch to do the same thing. But obviously such fortune cannot always be relied on.

Log:

ApplicationCommandHandler from Network: F255241A Node: 154 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL_V3 Frame(7)=13
Payload1: 5B-03-3F-80-01-B1-00-42
Frame: 60-0D-00-01-5B-03-3F-80-01-B1-00-42
Payload1 zd is not nothing
Set_New_Level_Real: Initial device is Main Floor Library Central Scene
Set_New_Level_Real called for Main Floor Library Central Scene, Type=COMMAND_CLASS_CENTRAL_SCENE_V2, EndPoint=0
Set_New_Level, Parent: Main Floor Library Scene.Root, Child:Main Floor Library Central Scene
Setting device Central Scene to value 1000 Network: F255241A Node: 154 Device Ref: 1890
Event Trigger “Main Floor Library.Cabinets - Toggle”
Payload1: 5B-03-3F-80-01-B1-00-42
Payload1 zd is not nothing
Set_New_Level_Real: Initial device is Main Floor Library Central Scene
Set_New_Level_Real called for Main Floor Library Central Scene, Type=COMMAND_CLASS_CENTRAL_SCENE_V2, EndPoint=0
Device: Main Floor Library Cabinets to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
Set_New_Level, Parent: Main Floor Library Scene.Root, Child:Main Floor Library Central Scene
Setting device Central Scene to value 1000 Network: F255241A Node: 154 Device Ref: 1890
Event Trigger “Main Floor Library.Cabinets - Toggle”

It appears that the COMMAND_CLASS_CENTRAL_SCENE_V2 is encapsulated in a COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL_V3, and then another COMMAND_CLASS_CENTRAL_SCENE_V2 is sent. They both seem to have the same sequence number. So it may be that the HomeSeer driver is not filtering out duplicate frames in this case.

It was also pointed out to me that the standards-compliant method of setting up a lifeline to the controller is with an endpoint of 0, not 1.

When I changed it to an endpoint of zero, the duplicate frame stopped being sent. So everything works.

So I guess the case is that the LZW36 is both specifying incorrect default associations, and that when an endpoint 1 is used it sends 2 packets. I’m sure someone more knowledgeable will correct any blinders I have made.

Tagging @EricM_Inovelli for visibility. I’ve tagged it as a bug for now.

Can you remove the group 1 association to the Homeseer node id? What you should be left with is two multi-channel associations.

Group 1 - Endpoint 1 to Homeseer node id
Group 1 - Endpoint 2 to Homeseer node id