Compatibility with specific lights/LED tapes?

Hi
I’m trying to determine if Innovelli switches will be compatible with the following:

1. A dimmable LED tape light driver that states the dimmers must be “any standard MLV/ incandescent TRIAC leading edge” dimmer switch.

2. With standard Exterior LED floods (that are probably not dimmable and I don’t need to dim them; Innovelli is for the Zwave features only)

3. With Nicor SureFit LED Jbox “cans” that are “Dimmable to less than 5% with compatible leading edge (TRIAC) and trailing edge (ELV) dimmers.”

1 Like

The LZW31 dimmer is a leading edge Mosfet that supports MLV. So maybe to #1 and no to #3-way

For #2 you’ll be using a switch so probably yes, although some LEDs can cause issues with the LZW30 in a 3-way configuration.

Thank you ; appreciate you taking the time to respond.
For #1. I’ll give it a try
For #2, its a ways off but will probably order the non dimming version
For #3, while quite disappointing as I just had a bunch of these installed, and I’m kicking myself for not checking, this info is helpful. I won’t buy LZW31’s to control those Nicor lights…Any chance the pending Zigbee dimmers will be “Leading Edge (TRIAC)” or “Trailing Edge (ELV)”?

I don’t think the Blue hardware specs have been published as of yet. There was some discussion a while back about the general lack of availability of MOSFETs, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it will be TRIAC based.

I don’t really know, but I’d bet “no” for the ELV. ELV dimmers were designed work with low voltage lights fed by transformers. But your Nicor I think are line voltage so I’d hope for a Leading Edge Triac.

Like so much of this stuff, you never know until you try it!

Thanks.
Am I correct in presuming that none of the Inovelli current or former switches are “Leading Edge TRIAC?”

In looking through the product data on your website, and I can’t figure out where I would find that information. Is it available?
Also, I tried to look up the model number referenced in the previous response, but the webpages for the switches don’t include the model numbers…
Am I missing something or is the above info not available or obvious? If it is not, should it be?

Not exactly. The Gen 2 dimmers and switches are MOSFET. The Fan/Light switch uses a TRIAC (Leading Edge).

Yes and No. Usually you can go to https://support.inovelli.com and search for the spec sheet. Look for the driver type. For some reason, the driver type isn’t listed for the Fan/Light switch, but I have it from the horse’s mouth that it’s a TRIAC.

For example . . .