[DEVICE PAGE] Inovelli 4-in-1 motion sensor LZW60

It looks like the device is in the openhab database so perhaps you just need to update the platform and include the device again.

The inclusion behavior you are seeing is normal I believe. The red light will blink for either 10 minutes (I think) or until openhab sends a wakeupnomoreinfo report. After inclusion the device stays awake to receive any configuration commands until it is told to go to sleep or it times out. Openhab must not be telling it to go to sleep.

The inclusion behavior you are seeing is normal I believe

I don’t think so, since the manual says:

Press the sensor button (B) 1x and the sensor will flash red rapidly. If successful, the sensor will stop flashing and the red light will be solid for 1-2 seconds, followed by the red light turning off. If unsuccessful, the red light will continue to rapidly flash until it times out after 25 seconds

This 25 second timeout is what I see in my case, I don’t see red light getting solid for 1-2 seconds. Last time I tried, OpenHab failed to create the device XML file, similar to what is described here (just an example, that’s about a different device). I let it sit overnight, it still wasn’t recognized.

What version of the Z-Wave Binding do you have installed?

I have 3 of the LZW60’s configured in OpenHab using an Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5, and were all recognized correctly in OpenHab using Z-Wave Binding 2.5.8 as a LZW60 4-in-1 motion sensor.

I configured all of mine using micro-usb power, but I don’t think that matters.

1 Like

OK, it successfully paired after a few more attempts. I suggest updating the manual as it is a bit misleading.
Thanks

If you still have problems with the sensor freezing and not reporting or issues with excessive battery consumption. Try this driver instead. I had a lot of issues with two different sensors freezing and rapid consumption of the battery. I switched to this driver and all my issues went away. You can copy and paste it and create a new driver within the device driver section in the dashboard. Then edit your device and chose this driver instead. The author of this driver @bcopeland does good work.

This is a cross post of: Inovelli 4-in-1 Sensor - Losing Connectivity and Stops Responding (Powered)

In recent days, I am having trouble with my Inovelli 4-in-1 Sensor that is powered through the USB port. The sensor just stops functioning and all reporting stops.

A hard reset, pulling power, resets the sensor but that only lasts for a few minutes before the sensor becomes non-functional again. Using the manual wake up button on the back does not do anything when this device is in this state, the red light does not even turn on.

Any thoughts on how I can troubleshoot this? The sensor is less than 4 months old.

1 Like

I can’t make an association group to work.
I’ve got an LZW30-SN Red Series On/Off switch. I’ve put it in Group 2 on LZW60, but it doesn’t get triggered on motion.
I’ve set up a rule in OpenHab to be triggered by alarm_motion just to make sure that sensor works, and the rule fires, ie controller gets a notification.
What am I missing?

Don’t a lot of libraries have 3D printers people can use?

Is there any ETA on when these will be available, again? It feels like they’ve been out of stock for months.

Hey @DragonKing - as of now we are not sure if we will restock them at all. They were not a great seller for us initially, although it does seem demand has increased a little. If we do restock, my guess would be 2nd quarter next year.

1 Like

Oh, interesting. With how often they showed out of stock, I thought Inovelli was struggling to keep up with demand.

Yea. We ordered 2000 units initially. Long story short, a quarter of them ended up being stolen out from under us by a scammer, so the remaining units we did sell the numbers weren’t great as far as velocity, how quick they were selling, etc.

I DO think we will end up restocking them since they seem to have gained a bit of popularity now, but it will probably be a small number again and definitely looking more towards end of Q1 or Q2 before we would have them in stock I think.

1 Like

Oh, wow! That has to be disheartening. I know how invested you all are in the company. I’m sorry that happened to you all. You do great work!

I’m glad to hear these will likely be restocked (perhaps with bulbs). I can certainly understand not wanting to stock items that don’t move quickly. That being said most of us are slow to adopt new “untested” things - got to maintain the SAR (Spouse approval rating). :wink:

Here’s hoping the next batch moves quicker (and without the FBI involvement).

2 Likes

Spouse Approval Rating is very much a real thing! :rofl:

Yeah, it’s been quite the ride – Secret Service is involved as well as some high powered attorney’s in Canada (as it’s a cross-boarder scam). It was to the tune of $175k which is quite a bit of money for a small company lol.

Can’t wait to release a book one day of all the fun times we’ve had haha!

4 Likes

A few things it could be. There is a configuration parameter (14) that needs to be set to 1. Also, since it is a sleepy device it needs to be awake to get the configuration. If you triple click on the button on the back then the device will wake up.

@EricM_Inovelli: any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

This is throwing me off. There is an issue if the device does not send a report for x hours it can stop the reporting, but not minutes that I know of. The workaround for the problem is to request a battery report every 12 hours and this is written into the device handler and driver for SmartThings / Hubitat. There is also a firmware update that addresses this issue.

Which hub are you using?

SmartThings.

I restarted the device multiple times and it finally took. It has been running for a week now without issues. It’s just weird that it was in a funky state, it actually prevented my Schlage Z-Wave door lock form communicating with the Hub. The Schlage lock reestablished communication once this Motion sensor was reset.