[DEVICE PAGE] Inovelli 4-in-1 motion sensor LZW60

Not yet, I am waiting on some documentation before I can submit.

HI EricM_Inovelli
I received the LZw60 from amazon canada i added it to my Fibaro HC2 was successful
TEMP :working
Humidity : Reading
LUX also :reading
Motion = Never Breached
i tried to delete it and re add it many time with same problem
i added the Parameters 10 12 13 14 15 100 101 102 103 104 110 111 112 113 114 as they are in the manual
i adjust the parameters 12 to (10 for higher sensitivity 8 is default }
and 13 and 14 with all the option still no luck
I know its new if you have any solution will be great
Thanks

Is it never showing motion? Mine shows motion but I have to be within 10ft or less and most of the time it registers. I am having a similar experience though with everything else reporting out as expected but motion being unreliable or non-existent.

Hi @dgmelody, I have done some testing in Fibaro Home Center and it seems that Fibaro is not correctly parsing the notification that the sensor is sending. Perhaps the sensor is using a newer type of intrusion reporting that Home Center needs to be upgraded for?

If you sniff the packets that the sensor sends you can see that it is sending a “Notification Report” of type “Home Security”. This is the packet when motion is detected:

This is the packet when motion stops:

If you look at the z-wave documentation for the Notification Command class, the Home security notification with a value of “8” means motion is detected and when the value is “0” it means that the sensor is idle.

I have an old contact at Fibaro I will try to reach out to to see if they can update their hub, but it has been a long time since we have spoken.

@ffingers You might want to try an exchange to see if you just have a defective sensor. Keep in mind that the range on the sensor is about 15 feet (same as the Aeon Multi-Sensor & Tri-Sensor).

Hmmm… @EricM_Inovelli I’ll try an exchange. The range is only 15ft? I would have thought it be quite a bit more. I looked around and it appears that is fairly common…I really need one that has a bigger range. Hmmm, might have to investigate a little more.

Thanks

Is this sensor at all outdoor rated? I want to use it in a greenhouse to monitor temperature and humidity. It would be mounted where it would be protected from getting sprayed but it does get over 100 degrees in there during the summer. I’m mostly wanting to protect the greenhouse from freezing in the winter.

Thank you for the reply EricM_Inovelli
i tried to associate the motion in setting Association groupe 2 with a light on motion it seems working means the sensor is not defective but fibaro still cant see it as active Motion (same message Never Breached )
Humidity and temp and Lux reporting fine
and yes the distance of the motion with association light is short about 10 to 15 feet detecting motion …
BTW am a fan of the red series dimmer and switches recently i bought about 15 switches and dimmers they are great i like the scenes they work perfect but coudnt make the notification color works on the switches
i sent the templates with the parameters on the manual LZW31-SN and LZW30-SN to fibaro support hope they will add them on the next update .

Thank you for sending the templates to Fibaro. I have not heard back from them so my contact may be stale over there.

Is there a 700 series version of this coming out soon - when? I’d prefer to get that version for the battery life benefits. Thx

1 Like

I doubt it… As this is a white label product… But I share your enthusiasm… 700 series is going to drive some pretty interesting devices woth all that additional horsepower…

And inovelli is one of the few companies that seems to be innovating the devices, outside of the same old copy and paste I see from most other manufacturers…

They are all “whitelabel” (rebranded ODM) products. There are only a few major manufacturers of Zwave devices. Almost all devices are the same simply with tweaks in firmware to enable/disable features and small customization (sometimes) in firmware and physical appearance. So far, the best motion sensor (I’ve use ALL of them - still own several types) is the Fibaro 4-in-1 for battery life, size, versatility / setting tweak-ability, accuracy and speed. Just wish it has Humidity instead of seismic. Batteries last forever in them

We will be making a 700 series multi-sensor, but it won’t be out for some time. Probably not this year.

Our switches, fan+light, and light strips are the exception to the “white label” mold you mention. They have been designed and developed from the ground up. Consequently, they have been the most expensive and time consuming to create though. :wink:

5 Likes

It shows… Great unique products…

Can’t wait to see what y’all come up with next

4 Likes

What is the official range specifications and is there plans for a recessed kit?

The range is up to 15 feet.

My guess on the recessed kit would be the middle of the year, but I’ll update you if it changes.

1 Like

I’ve been looking around and I couldn’t find the temperature range for this device. Anyone knows the range, most of these sensors do not go as slow as -40 per say, even -20C would be ok for me.

Has anyone tried their sensor with the Aeon Multisensor Gen5 DTH from SmartThings? It runs local and also supports humidity.

Picked up one of these on a whim while buying a couple switches, didn’t realize it isn’t supported by OpenHAB yet. I noticed in the original post that OpenHAB support is being worked on? Any idea when the device might be supported by OpenHAB, or does a ticket need to be opened on the OpenHAB ZWave Binding?

@EricM_Inovelli FYI I opened a PR for the ST DTH to fix the icon in the new app

1 Like

its listed in the OpenHab zwave database now, but OpenHab doesnt use the new database and you need to manually import the latest zwave bindings. search my old post on here for how i updated OpenHab for the Red switch last year