[DEVICE PAGE] Inovelli 4-in-1 motion sensor LZW60

Anyone get this to work with home assistant? Just got one but its just showing up as binary_sensor.inovelli_unknown_type_000d_id_0001_sensor

@amdbuilder Actually had a minute to make this today:

@pizzapants I believe there a re a few HA users here that are using the sensor. Maybe one can provide some information.

2 Likes

Dang bro is there anything you don’t know how to do?! Nice!!

@Eric_Inovelli @EricM_Inovelli - Apparently he doesn’t 3D print anything shrug :slight_smile:

EDIT: EricM’s post below looks like it is easier then my instructions.

My original instructions (for historical purposes)

The current config files for the 4-in-1 sensor are on Inovelli’s github page:
https://github.com/InovelliUSA/OpenZWave

However… these are written for OpenZwave 1.6. Since you are using the built-in version of OpenZwave (version 1.4) that is no longer supported, I am not sure if the 1.6 config file will work without modification.

If you want most features while still using OZW 1.4 you will probably need to do the following:

1. Download the most recent OpenZwave 1.4 config files from github. This post has general information on how to do it. MAke sure you get the 1.4 config files and not the 1.6
  2. Configure the Zwave config_path in HA to use the zwave config directory downloaded from github. Link
  3. Manually edit the manufacturer_specific.xml file to add the missing Inovelli devices (they have not been added to the main github repo yet), and add the missing xml files to the config/inovelli folder. Link

I have not tested the 4-in-1 config file for OZW 1.4, so I cannot guarantee the above steps will work (It works well for me on OZW 1.6 though)

You mentioned that the device is showing up as binary_sensor.inovelli_unknown_type_000d_id_0001_sensor, but is it still reporting motion?

1 Like

These are the steps that I use in my Home Assistant setup. I always use the config files in our github and they work for me.

Thanks, @EricM_Inovelli! That got it paired correctly. Do you have multiple entities for the sensor now? Im trying to figure out how to get humidity readings but all Im seeing is the following:

All of my sensors show up at the top of the overview page. Maybe hit the button on the back once every couple of minutes to get the initialization to finish?

I dont use that view, are you able to show me what they look like on the states page by chance?

Ah perfect. Found em. They were lost in all my otehr stuff I have running. I greatly appreciate your help!

I am thinking about getting a couple of these sensors, but am having trouble finding range and field of view information for the motion part of the sensor. Approximately how far out can this detect movement and what is its field of view in degrees?

Thanks!

Is this what you are looking for?

3 Likes

Yes! Thanks!

Does that diagram have a legend revealing the significance of the three colors?

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe the colors in the “side view” correlate to the colors in the “top view.” For example, the field of view is 110° when the subject is between 4 and 5 meters away from the sensor. If the subject is between 1-ish and 2-ish meters away from the sensor (black), then the field of view would be whatever the black degree amount is on the “top view” diagram (less than 110°).

2 Likes

Have Home Assistant config files been created for these sensors yet? Any help you can provide to get these running in my HA instance would be great. Thanks!

Config files for Home Assistant are on Inovelli’s github page. Here is a support article that shows how to set it up (not sure if you already saw this or not):

2 Likes

There is no key for the image but I think @lordpandemic is correct. The different colors are so you can correlate the different ranges from the side view and the top view.

1 Like

Is there anyone using this sensor with z-wave2mqtt? Wondering how you can get the motion active/inactive to “map” correctly (since it is sending a Home Security report). Sorry, not too familiar with z-wave2mqtt. Asking for a friend. :wink:

1 Like