[DEVICE PAGE] Inovelli 4-in-1 motion sensor LZW60

Thanks for your quick reply EricM. These details are somewhat beyond me but I checked on the Openhab community and found a reference to updating the z-wave binding.

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-database-guide

The binding was created by Chris Jackson over there. Maybe you are aware of this but it seems that you can submit information about your product here.

There is a post on the OH community about this: https://community.openhab.org/t/inovelli-lzw60-motion-sensor-only-sends-off/93246/2. I have two of these devices and it would be nice to get this working.

The OFF command is coming through in the logs but it never triggers in openhab.

Note: I do have write access to the database if you see anything wrong that I may be able to fix but I’m not positive that the issue is with the database entry.

I dont use OpenHAB, so I am not sure if this will be helpful, but I did notice that the sensor sends a value of 8 (Motion Detected at Unknown Location) when motion is detected, and a value of 0 (Clear) when motion stops.

Could the device config driver be looking for a value other than 8 to trigger motion?

This is fixed in the current binding in OH. I just upgraded to 2.5.4 and it is working now. If you have any trouble with it you may want to post a message on the OH forum (https://community.openhab.org/t/inovelli-lzw60-motion-sensor-only-sends-off/93246/8)

1 Like

From what i read in this page, I understand the connector for the micro usb is under the battery slot. How do you get the cable inside to the connecter? From the device drawing i saw, isn’t the battery door required in order to mount the sensor to the mounting bracket screw?

Thanks

Yeah… this was a sacrifice we had to make in order to use the manufacturers white-label product. We wanted to change this, but it would’ve cost extra for tooling and we figured most people would use the battery instead of the USB.

Hopefully this will be fixed in V2 :pensive:

Thanks for you quick answer, specially on a Sunday. Is 5v/1.0ah sufficient for micro usb power?

The threaded part on the battery door itself does not appear to do anything. The stem from the mounting bracket goes right through it and screws into the sensor itself. You are able to mount it without the battery door… however, without the battery door it screws on about a quarter turn further, which may mean the orientation is a bit off. You might be able to solve that issue with a small washer though.

I hooked my sensor up to a usb current meter, and the maximum current draw I saw was 0.02a (20mA). 5v/1.0ah is more than enough.

2 Likes

I’ve used a flat usb cable that kind of works, but the battery cover looks a little strange. It would great if someone could create a 3D printable door cover with a hole in it for a USB cable. That would be better than drilling a hole (which I was also thinking about).

1 Like

Do you have a 3d model for the current cover?

Anyone get this to work with home assistant? Just got one but its just showing up as binary_sensor.inovelli_unknown_type_000d_id_0001_sensor

@amdbuilder Actually had a minute to make this today:

@pizzapants I believe there a re a few HA users here that are using the sensor. Maybe one can provide some information.

2 Likes

Dang bro is there anything you don’t know how to do?! Nice!!

@Eric_Inovelli @EricM_Inovelli - Apparently he doesn’t 3D print anything shrug :slight_smile:

EDIT: EricM’s post below looks like it is easier then my instructions.

My original instructions (for historical purposes)

The current config files for the 4-in-1 sensor are on Inovelli’s github page:
https://github.com/InovelliUSA/OpenZWave

However… these are written for OpenZwave 1.6. Since you are using the built-in version of OpenZwave (version 1.4) that is no longer supported, I am not sure if the 1.6 config file will work without modification.

If you want most features while still using OZW 1.4 you will probably need to do the following:

1. Download the most recent OpenZwave 1.4 config files from github. This post has general information on how to do it. MAke sure you get the 1.4 config files and not the 1.6
  2. Configure the Zwave config_path in HA to use the zwave config directory downloaded from github. Link
  3. Manually edit the manufacturer_specific.xml file to add the missing Inovelli devices (they have not been added to the main github repo yet), and add the missing xml files to the config/inovelli folder. Link

I have not tested the 4-in-1 config file for OZW 1.4, so I cannot guarantee the above steps will work (It works well for me on OZW 1.6 though)

You mentioned that the device is showing up as binary_sensor.inovelli_unknown_type_000d_id_0001_sensor, but is it still reporting motion?

1 Like

These are the steps that I use in my Home Assistant setup. I always use the config files in our github and they work for me.

Thanks, @EricM_Inovelli! That got it paired correctly. Do you have multiple entities for the sensor now? Im trying to figure out how to get humidity readings but all Im seeing is the following:

All of my sensors show up at the top of the overview page. Maybe hit the button on the back once every couple of minutes to get the initialization to finish?

I dont use that view, are you able to show me what they look like on the states page by chance?