Device Type Setting in Hubitat for Inovelli Dimmers

Is there a preferred Device type setting in Hubitat for Inovelli dimmers or switches? I am using the Generic Z-Wave Smart Dimmer driver in the App. I tried to use the Inovelli specific driver and it didn’t want to play nice. I was going to ask this on the Hubitat site but thought I would start here. Thanks…

You should use the Inovelli’s driver. @EricM_Inovelli just created this page: [DEVICE PAGE] Inovelli Dimmer Red Series LZW31-SN

1 Like

Thanks…I will try to change it …I think it didn’t work earlier when I tried changing it but will try again and see how it plays…

Yea, it’s pretty easy after you get the app driver loaded. Just make sure you get the right one. After you include the switch, select the Inovelli driver (scroll all the way down) and select Save Device.

Just tried that…when I select the Inovelli Smart Dimmer driver and save it the dimmer doesn’t work. When I go back to the Generic Smart Dimmer driver it works…IDK why…

Do i need to exclude it before change drivers?..then include it…maybe that is what is happening but I thought you could change the driver after it is included?..

@neutronspin - You shouldn’t need to, but may be worth trying.

No need to exclude before changing drivers. I’ve tried pretty much all of the drivers for Inovelli on Hubitat and the best one going is the one by @BertABCD1234. Install the custom driver code and child codes, go into the device, select the “advanced” driver and hit save. Set your preferences and save preferences. Should be all there is to it.

1 Like

Thanks…Haven’t done code mods on here so it will be a learning experience. Enough docs to show how to do it. Hopefully the new driver will work. For some reason the Hubitat included driver doesn’t seem to even work on this dimmer.

I just installed Mike’s latest driver and the dimmer seems to be working fine now. The default generic drivers from Hubitat don’t work on this device for some reason…thanks for the info…

1 Like

@neutronspin - I wouldn’t recommend Hubitats drivers ever. Inovelli (six Eric M. ) drivers work great. Glad you were able to get it going.

From what I can tell, it doesn’t look like Hubitat has drivers for our new dimmer. Only our 1st gen stuff and our second gen switch.