Disabling relay without disabling LED

This is the issue I am running into. I want to disable the relay, but keep the status LED. And because the firmware has a bug that it does not report the switch status change when changed via association, setting up an automation based on that fails as well.

To my thinking, since you want the LED to mirror the status of the bulb, then you should predicate your rule on the bulb changing, not the status of the association changing.

IF bulb turns on THEN status LED ON
IF bulb turns off THEN status LED OFF

I’m using regular bulbs with switches in a 4-way configuration. I want to disable the relays on the non-load switches so they don’t make the relay ping sound, but I want those switches to show the proper status on their LEDs. I use Z-Wave associations to control the load switch from the non-load switches, and that works fine. Where I run into the problem is updating the LED status on the other switches. I can set associations going back, but only if I don’t disable the relay. I can set up the LED device, and make a rule to update it, but the rule doesn’t fire because of the firmware bug.

Got it. Can you predicate the rule on the load switch changing? I don’t use associations between switches, so just throwing that out there.

I don’t know if it’s a bug or not, but even if it is, the odds of a firmware update on an existing red switch at this point are pretty slim. So you’re going to have to find a workaround.