First thanks to all in this community who are helping! As much as this is a panic it is satisfying to see this thread trying to solve the problem.
@JohnRob — I was able to restore from a fairly recent backup. I am practiced at it much in the way you suggest. In this particular moment confidence was high (that has a name… overconfidence ) At least I am back to where I was and can continue editing rules, etc.
@EricM_Inovelli — The URL I used is the exact one I used in the first place to install the dimmer driver: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/InovelliUSA/Hubitat/master/Drivers/inovelli-dimmer-red-series-lzw31-sn.src/inovelli-dimmer-red-series-lzw31-sn.groovy and I used the import button within Hubitat’s Driver Code pages. This was an in-place update. This was not a “new” driver. So there is no chance for me to have accidentally switched to the incorrect switch driver. I already was using a previous version of the Inovelli driver for the LZW31-SN and had it assigned to all LZW31-SN devices on my network.
I performed the test as you requested. I can confirm that the problem repeated exactly the same way as it did last night. I repeated the same steps twice to prove it to myself. No amount of copy-paste code rollback works. I have to restore from backup to get my devices back. Screenshots below…
Driver Page Entry:
Driver Header as seen after the update:
An example of an Inovelli LZW31-SN using this driver after update:
Like I described, after the update, I can click the device to open its device page and directly control it in any way I want. But it never will populate within the scenes, apps, dashboard, groups, rules… lists no matter what I do. If I edit a scene or rule with any device that used this driver the device is silently removed from the scene, rule, etc. without error and without any evidence the device used to be referenced (and I did confirm by restoring from backup).
Edit: Missed that you asked for OS/Browser…
MacOS 10.15.4, Safari 13.1, Hubitat 126.96.36.199 on Hardware C-4