Energy consumption readings

Recommend looking at www.sense.com. I installed it at my load center and it does a fairly good job at monitor lung the loads in real time. Amazing how much kWh the blow dryer or dryer use.

Thatā€™s fair - but this is what my wife sees. (The aux switches are ā€œdumbā€ switches that donā€™t have load and are part of a 3 to 4 way pair)

It shows that the dummy switch that doesnā€™t have any load on it is drawing more power than the furnace and A/C. Right now these switches are reporting ~2.5W usage per hour which is far higher than they are actually using.

Itā€™s not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but it would be a good one to get course-corrected.

As far as sense, itā€™s on my list of things to buy but right now I keep using my fun money to buy more invovelli switches because I have more things to automate. :smiley:

2 Likes

Watch Sense for Black Friday deals. I bought mine during normal prices and literally a couple weeks later a big discount for BF or Cyber Monday :man_facepalming:.

Cool, will do! What kind of discounts are we talking about?

I thought Iā€™ve seen it down to $199 (prior to chip shortages), but not 100% sure. Thereā€™s currently a $40 on it now. Square D also has a white label product called Wiser so check both out for upcoming deals.

1 Like

@EricM_Inovelli @Eric_Inovelli - Hey guys - just doing my monthly check-in to see if this is anywhere in the priority queue to get fixed. Any word from the manufacture if this can be adjusted in a future firmware release?

Or maybe is there an open bug list that is being worked through to see if this is even getting tracked?

1 Like

Regular sense us $199 on Amazon for cyber Monday. Sense flex and solar are $289.

I got the email today too! I still have mine in the box from the move. One day Iā€™ll get it installed.

Did this ever get an update? Iā€™d like to understand if the switch readings is accurate.

1 Like

Checkin in for the Blue 2-1 as well.
Did we get / do we have official confirmation from vendor about power consumption? Is it reported correctly?

The last I checked the Red 2-1 says 2.3W when on with no load but I measured about 1/4W with a scope so that one doesnā€™t read its own power correctly.

Also, confirming @PJF 's measurements with a KAW pretty spot on: 2xInovelli Blue 2-in-1, normal wiring with neutral, load connected but turned off: 20mA, 1.3W, 3.4VA, cos(phi)=0.39 ā€¦ so 650mW, exactly whatā€™s measured via scope.

Iā€™m a little sad that itā€™s really that much ā€¦ my 20 switches burn now 13W 24x7 (114kWh/yr or 50$/year at my electricity rates ā€¦ nearly like a subscription :sweat_smile: )

But more importantly, this is now over 2 years old, any hope proper power/energy reporting will get addressed via firmware ?