Factory Reset Failing Blue 2/1? Another Switch Successful in Same Elect. Gang Box

Hello All,

I recently converted to the Skyconnect Zigbee Coordinator with Home Assistant from a Conbee II. Migration went relatively well, but a few dropped switch presses were experienced. I then performed a factory reset on my switches.

Issue
I have 2 switches in a double gang box. The first switch reset and paired beautifully after holding the config and up paddle. However, seconds later I attempted the other switch. No pairing was made. What is more interesting is that after the red indication light is displayed (proving the button presses were successful?), the switch’s light bar goes to dim blue. It does not even pulse blue like the successfully reset switch.

My hunch is that the switch is not pairing because it is not factory reseting properly. Signal strength should not be an issue because of the positioning of a successful switch reset and pairing in the same electrical box. I even tried the air gap toggle. I am at a loss as how to resolve this now. Does anyone have any ideas?

Despite this, I am still thoroughly enjoying these switches and there is likely some user error on my part - just cannot wait to get them back up and running :slight_smile: Thanks in advance for any help and thoughts.

Hey @Smitty88 – welcome to the community, glad to have you :slight_smile:

A couple of questions for you if you don’t mind:

1. Is this a neutral or non-neutral setup?
  2. What happens when you pull the air-gap (little button at the bottom left of the switch) out and then push it back in?

Another thing you can try is to put your hub in pairing mode and then tap the configuration button 3x as this is the backup pairing method.

Hang in there, we’ll figure it out!

Hello @Eric_Inovelli ,

Thanks for the quick response and offer to help.

Responses to your questions:

1. This is a neutral setup
  2. I tried pulling the air gap approach again 2 more times and voila, success. The issue appears to have been resolved.

The triple config tap is great to know for the future as I continue to toy around with these switches and the future MM wave variants.

Again though, thanks for the over the top support.

1 Like

Awesome, glad it worked itself out and I’m always happy to help :slight_smile: