Firmware v1.47 (Beta) | LZW31-SN | Dimmer - Red Series (Gen 2)

Hey Eric thanks for the reply!
Super weird, I tried all the settings and neutral definitely makes a difference the rest do not. My install is tied into a neutral. When I switch to non-neutral (param 21, value 0) the dimming actually seems to go back to what it was.
Basically, with the lights on in neutral. All I do is set it to non-neutral. Then hold the dimmer up and it will jump up ~15% immediately and then dim up like normal. The exact opposite happens when going from non-neutral to neutral. This 15% gap puts most of my lights at full off with minimum set at 45.

If I remember right, before this firmware update switching from non-neutral to neutral and then back did not seem to have any affect on dimming thresholds.

Unless the parameter values have flipped, Iā€™d assume you wouldnā€™t recommend using non-neutral as a work around for this issue? Not sure if there is a way to prove out visually if itā€™s actually using neutral or not (to double check the parameter values didnā€™t flip)? Thanks!

Iā€™ve ā€œcalibratedā€ all my LZW31-SNā€™s bulbs by finding the minimum value where the bulbs turn on and setting the minimum value accordingly. I have also set the max values per my perceived ā€œcalibratedā€ eye.

Iā€™ve noticed, if I set the brightness of the dimmer to ā€œ1ā€ and I turn the bulb on at the dimmer (LZW31-SN), the bulb comes on to a value much brighter, say 10, and then dims down to 1 as shown below:

However, if I turn on the light from z-wave or the GE accessory switch, the light turns on to the preset value of 1 as shown below:

the dimmer is set up as a 3way using a GE accessory switch with neutral. The rest of the configuration values are pretty much set at default.

Anyone else seeing this?

Iā€™m about 95% sure this is happening for me with one of the black dimmers (original firmware). The bulb is a Cree 75w can light retrofit.

All of my dimmers are doing this using a mixture of Philips Warm Glow bulbs (BR30ā€™s and A19ā€™s), GE LED Relax (A19ā€™s) bulbs. Thankfully, we donā€™t need to set these to 1 too often. Except for movie nights. Even then weā€™re typically diming them down from 85. So we would almost never see this.

Does this mean you set the value to 1% and then turn the dimmer off and then turn it on? Or you have the default local level set to 1% or what is the exact process here?

@EricM_Inovelli So after setting the minimum value for the light (via the switches parameter settings) in my case 24, I use the Set Level command to set it to 1%. And then as you stated, I turn it off and then back on again.Hopefully, that is clearererer :slight_smile:

Edit: the minimum value of 24 is the value necessary to guarantee the LED will turn on again.

How many instances/dimmers ?

This is reproducible on multiple dimmers of mine. Any ideas?

@Ma2J verified that I see what you are describing. Iā€™ll have the engineers check it out.

@azeroth12 Just want to verify:

Before 1.47 (which version did you have before by the way?)
15% minimum level would result in your bulb turning on at ~1%

On 1.47
45% minimum level results in your bulb turning on at ~1%

On version 1.47 if you change the config from neutral to non-neutral it behaves like before 1.47?

2 Likes

Pretty sure most of my dimmers were on 1.35? from memoryā€¦ Production version. Updated all so I canā€™t check. 1,2 Close but not quite. 3 yes!
Basically with neutral enabled on 1.47 all dimming seems to be 15% less than original firmware output. So for min level if I add 15 Iā€™m back in business, but if +15 > 45 Iā€™m sol as that exceeds the params limit.

For example: pre 1.47 for one dimmer min is set at 45 and the lights turned on at ~1% (was already on the edge and wish there was more flexibility) after the update I have to raise my dimmer to ~15% to get the lights to just barely turn on.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got two dimmers that I canā€™t update. Multiple others updated fine.
Using the Z-Wave PC Controller software, when I hit the Get button to get the device info on the OTA screen, it never results in the info showing on the screen. The target options donā€™t show up and so I canā€™t select a firmware file to flash.
Iā€™ve tried multiple times, and restarting the applications and replugging the AEON stick with no success.

Any ideas what it could be?

Air gap reset has always helped me when I saw this specifically.

I hadnā€™t thought of using the air gap. Rebooting my light switch. How 2020. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Youā€™re killing me, soā€¦

:rofl:

2 Likes

Will the batch of 10-pack red dimmers due in late August have the fix for S2 bootstrap issue on Hubitat C7 preinstalled :pensive:

No, weā€™re still looking into this on our end and working with our engineers to see what they can do. This was hub specific and the switches worked fine with S2 on all the hubs we tested it on. Unfortunately, we did not have a C-7 to test it on to see how it was going to be implemented on their hub. One thing I canā€™t quite figure out is how the Z-Wave Certification didnā€™t pick this up on either side, but I guess thatā€™s something weā€™ll take up with them.

3 Likes

Thanks for the information. Hoping a solution is found soon

1 Like

Does that mean you get a free re-certification because they missed something?

1 Like

What are the specs of your AMD build

Thatā€™s not the way it works. Theyā€™ll get charged twice. :joy: