Firmware v1.56 (Beta) | LZW31-SN | Dimmer - Red Series (Gen 2)

I just wanted to let the people @ Inovelli know that the firmware 1.56 seems to have worked.
I have a LZW31-SN connected in a 4-way to (2) Aux switches in a non neutral configuration. For months, I have struggled with the Aux switches not turning the lights on (sometimes they did, sometimes they didn’t). You just never knew if they would work or not. The wife was not very happy with the situation. One of the Aux switches was at the bottom of the basement steps, by the tuck under garage and laundry room. If you came in from the garage, you would use one of the Aux switches to turn the light on.
Because these Aux switches were unreliable I installed a motion sensor at the bottom of the steps and set a rule to turn the light on if motion was detected.
Since I have updated the firmware, the Aux switches have worked every time.
Thank You

2 Likes

Also, I think that the target 1 firmware has to be updated with the “Binary” firmware updater driver and target 0 has to be updated with the “Regular” firmware updater driver.

As mentioned by @Byarnell05 you can also try the Hubitat built in updater app.

Ok. I don’t know what I did but I have lost my scene controls.

I was on the 1.52/1.43 beta and I think scenes were working but I could be wrong.

I updated to 1.56/1.44 and had the non-dimming issue that guys here helped me fix.

I have them connected to a Hubitat C7 with latest FW - 2.2.7.something.

I am using HPM and am up to date with the inovelli drivers.

I turn on description logging and all I see is button 1 pushed for the upper paddle in the logs - doesn’t matter if I single or double tap. Down paddle and the extra config button do not report any button events.

Reverted to 1.52/1.43 and still nothing.

This is one all three of my red dimmers.

Any guidance is appreciated.

Check parameter 51 (instant on). If you want scene controls it needs to be 1.

Also check parameter 50 (delay in 100ms) to ensure its something realistic, like 5-7 ish depending on your ability to gamer-tap the switch.

1 Like

Thank you.

I have the 51 disabled and the delay set to 400ms. I toggled 51 and changed the delay - saved preferences. Then switched them back and it now works.

I had forgotten that if you turn the delay off that you loose scene control or I would have tried to toggle it before posting. I really did try to search for an answer here and on the HE forum before posting.

I am re-applying the 1.56/1.44 FW now.

Again thank you for the assistance.

2 Likes

I installed 1.56/1.44, now my 2 aux switches (4-way) work erratically. It worked correctly in previous beta version. I am using GE branded aux switches with the latest smartthings DTH. Contains neutral wire connection with normal LED bulbs. I tried to reset the bypass switch (i.e. power-cycled the switch). I also verified each parameter by setting each manually.

1 Like

Can you be more specific? Don’t toggle the switch? Toggle it off only but not on? Etc.

It will not do on/off as commanded at the aux switch. However, if I push in the opposite direction (sometimes needs a few times pushes), then it will do as I originally expected (on/off). I haven’t tried dimming at the aux yet.

Try changing the parameter for 3-way type to none and then putting it back to aux switch. That kind of sounds like it’s in dumb switch mode.

I just tested as you requested. Unfortunately, it’s still acting weird. But this seems to be the repeatilbe behavior: Aux switches never work unless I set via the app first. Then one of aux switches work for one or two switch events. After that, the main switch needs a primary command before it obeys the aux’s again.

Had same issue here, downgraded back to 1.48 and all works normally again

Agreed. I plan to downgrade soon.

@kreene1987, @PJF, @EricM_Inovelli : Do you have anything else I could test before going back to previous beta version?

I’ve got this exact issue with just 1 switch. My other 3ways seem to be working fine.

I had everything connected to HE, all was good except the hub was crashing 3x/day.
Moved them to HA with zwavejs. All my 3ways work fine except for the kitchen one. Didn’t work at all. Was on fw 1.47 so I updated to 1.56/1.44. Changed parameters 21, 22 and 51/52. Confirmed they were all changed to the new values, then changed them back to where they should be. Now the 3way switch (GE Aux) will only turn the light off. Will not turn it on.

Reverting back to 1.48/1.41 now to see if that fixes it.
EDIT: 1.48/1.41 fixed the issue for me right away.

I have the same issue as others. With this update, the aux switch only turns off or dims the light. It does not turn it on. Up and down on the aux switch do the exact same thing. Sounds like the issue that was supposed to be fixed with v1.54, except that I am in a neutral setup (I actually rewired my wall so that my 3-way could be on neutral, to fix that non-neutral issue). I’ll be rolling back gradually, to see which version actually broke this. I had been on 1.48.

I will add that my 3-way with dumb toggle also exhibits this behavior. With the dumb toggle in one position (in my case "up)), the Inovelli works normally. When the dumb switch is toggled “down” the switch cuts power as it should, but then the Inovelli does not operate properly. The LED bad turns on when momentary up is pressed, and I do hear the internals click on, but the dumb bulb does NOT illuminate. When the Inovelli momentary down is pressed, the internals click, the LED bar goes dim, but the light remains off.

This one I don’t need SBM, so I’ll be reverting back to 1.48 until further beta is issued.

I downgraded back to 1.55 and my aux switches still don’t work. I set-reset-set each parameter to ensure they are all correct, and the same behavior as 1.56. It’s baffling since this exact configuration worked previously. Gotta be missing something, but too tired to figure out tonight.

1 Like

It seems like the latest firmware has fixed aux mode in non-neutral, but is causing problems with aux mode in neutral. Sigh . . . :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey, this is what beta testing is for! I’m just glad to be along for the ride (and SBM is working GREAT!!!).

1 Like

Update: The aux switches now work correctly after downgrading back to v1.55 then power cycling the switch override a few more times.

1 Like

Thank you for the update.