2 Likes

Insteon Hub & Outdoor plug

Roomba smart vacuum

1 Like

ADT Door and Window sensor

1 Like

My first was a Vera hub.

1 Like

The worst part isā€¦ Iā€™m like 100% positive youā€™ve told this story before, I just canā€™t find it!!

For day #2, my guess is the Ecobee Thermostat.

1 Like

Quirky Tapts

1 Like

Correct! Good memory (or was that a lucky guess?)

My home automation journey began with a Nest thermostat back in December 2015. Every year I go down to Florida around Christmas to get away from the snow and I thought, ā€œthere has to be a way to control my thermostat remotely, itā€™s 2015ā€¦ā€

Sure enough I stumbled across Nest and purchased it. Thatā€™s what started my hobby.

Very quickly it grew into an obsession lol. I purchased the Philips Hue starter kit next and then purchased a Wink hub.

I went all in on Wink and bought GE Link bulbs to outfit my entire house (big mistake - they worked well donā€™t get me wrong, but the fact that everyone in my family and my friends would turn off the bulbs manually).

I then bought the Quirky (Wink) Tapt switches which were way ahead of their time and actually where scene control came from for the Red Series.

Then I started seeing what worked and didnā€™t work and eventually settled on the GE Z-Wave switches and took out all the Tapts as they were just really slow (this is where I get a chuckle out of the 700ms delay issue bc I used to wait anywhere between 3-20 seconds for a light to turn on lol).

I started Inovelli in April 2016 and moved to SmartThings and stuck with all Z-Wave (aside from the Philips Hue bulbs).

ā€“

Today I am still with SmartThings but have used Hubitat and Home Assistant (about 1% of it and itā€™s extremely powerful - just still a learning curve for me) and I have Z-Wave switches (all Inovelli now haha) and a couple of the Blue Series ones along with Philips Hue and Inovelli bulbs. I have an ecobee thermostat and thatā€™s pretty much it as I had to move out of my old house and am renting (story for another day lol).

ā€“

Let me get with the rest of the team to get a question from them and Iā€™ll post it this afternoon.

Great guesses and congrats to @davbay2 - Iā€™ll send you an email in a second to grab your info!

2 Likes

Question #2 - What Air Force Base was Courtney born at?

1 Like

I have to give you credit for your sleuthing skills! I got a notification that you liked this thread:

And looked back and thought, wow, I forgot I shared that.

Nice work! If only someone wouldnā€™t have guessed the Nest Thermostat before you, Iā€™m sure you wouldā€™ve nailed it.

1 Like

Andrews Air Force Base, I think? From here:

1 Like

Andrews Air Force Base

2 Likes

Dang, I really need to work on questions that arenā€™t posted publicly lol. I thought, thereā€™s no way anyone would know this and thereā€™s like 60ish air force bases in the US.

Iā€™m going to do a redo on Courtney (but still honor the answer, nice work haha).

Courtney question #2 redo (and Iā€™ve scoured the internet to see if itā€™s been posted!): What is her favorite candy?

2 Likes

Reeseā€™s?

1 Like

twizzlers

1 Like

Tootsie Rolls

1 Like

Skittles