Help! Out of the blue (pun intended), Blue 2-1 stopped working

I have a 2-1 wired together with the AUX switch.

All of the sudden the switch seems broken! The light is on but does not turn off. There is no relais clicking audible any more.

I tried thousands of times to reconfigure to a simple switch and both single way and multi way with AUX but just no difference.

I tried turning off manually by pulling out the small cap, both on the main switch as well as the AUX switch but it’s the same.

Can this thing really get broken so suddenly?

What else could I try?

EDIT: I could solve it. Via zigbee2mqtt I explicitly disabled the Smart Bulb mode. Seems somehow Smart Bulb mode got enabled (I never enabled it before) and was stuck; even with re-configuring the switch. Even though this is solved, I’d still like to leave this here if this happened to anyone else. What could be the reason for this behavior? It’s a bit scary that this could only undone via Zigbee.

Did you try factory reset?

Factory Reset will undo it.

Just FYI, power does not run through the AUX switch, so the air gap on it has no effect

Check smart bulb mode is disabled. If enabled, it will keep power to the light no matter what you do.

EDIT: Solved. Bad Blue 2-1. Just swapped out one of the others I had still in the box and bam, all problems solved. Tested the bad one on another working 3-way that I had already had working w/ Blue + Aux and same issues presented there until I swapped back out again. Will look into RMA.

(First post, lurker for a few months) I am seeing this issue, minus the Smart Bulb mode being enabled (checked in Home Assistant, turned it on and back on for grins as well). using Zigbee though, not z2mqtt.

2-1 Blue wired w/ AUX Switch, Line and Load in separate boxes. 2-1 w/ the Line, Load w/ the Aux, as instructed by the wiring diagram.

It was working initially (few weeks back) and then it seemed like a power surge caused by a storm maybe tripped it up and the load (led ceiling light) stays in permanent on state. LED light also seems to have an odd phasing output… not a flicker (off/on/off/on) but more like what you might see when a ballast is going bad in a florescent light fixture.

I checked wiring, disconnected/rewired each switch to check for contact, reset the 2-1 to factory defaults, tried max output adjustments I’ve seen in other threads as suggestions for the phasing output on LEDs, etc… no luck so far addressing the issues.

Next step today is to check w/ my multimeter and also try replacing out the switches with the spares I have (bought a bunch to get started) but curious if there’s something I’m not considering or if there’s a way to prove out the 2-1 or Aux has gone bad (debug logs?). Thanks in advance!