Hey Canada, we got you! 🇨🇦

Hello. I was just curious if there was an update on this. The Inovelli dimmer switches are by far my favorite (the LED light is such a good feature), and I’ve been slowly trying to update switches in my house. I’ve usually bought through Amazon but noticed that they are now out of stock - I’m assuming that’s because they’ll be re-listed by Aartech. I noticed Aartech still says coming soon… I’m addicted to these switches and eagerly awaiting more availability in Canada. :smiley:

Hey @Stephen. The update we have is that the first shipment of switches should be delivered in the next few days to AarTech. We will certainly announce it everywhere we can once available!

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks for the update. :slight_smile:

Just made my order on Aartech, products became “In Stock” sometime today. Were still “Coming Soon” when I checked earlier today, but just checked now they were “In Stock”. Go Canada!

1 Like

Quick question will Aartech carry the 10 pack bulk switches offered from your US website?

Thanks

It looks like US website only at this time. Granted as with all things demand determines stocking (to a degree) - Out of Stock Item Thread w/ETA's

Anything is possible in the future but as for right now, AarTech will not be carrying the 10 packs.

@amdbuilder is correct! As of this moment 10 packs will only be sold on Inovelli.com - however we are in the process of ordering more of the red series dimmer 10 packs and some of those may possibly go to Aartech (although it hasn’t been fully discussed yet).

Also, if someone from Canada orders a 10 pack and then wants to return it, the return will be handled by Aartech. So there may be a chance you could snag a refurb 10 pack or something in the future!

Interesting, I guess another question, everything shipped from Inovelli.com to Canada will most likely see an import tax being charged at the Canadian border?

Also, being that the shipping/billing address is outside of US, I assume Inovelli.com webstore will not charge a sales tax?

Just trying to see the easiest (and cheapest) way to get 30 dimmers.

Correct. No sales tax charged by us. You will be responsible for customs/duties/taxes at the border or when received. We ship via USPS only so hopefully carrier charges should be the lowest possible.

We do also charge $20 flat rate fee for shipping to Canada since shipping is very expensive on our end to get it there. 30 dimmers would probably cost us about $90-100 in shipping due to weight.

I recall someone on the forum mentioned about bulk orders. Having 10 switches and 1 box/manual would be amazing. :slight_smile:

I got bored, but some math.

From Aartech’s webstore, the dimmers are $55.99 CAD each, so 30 (units) x $55.99 (per unit) * 1.13 (tax) = $1898.061 CAD

From Inovelli’s webstore, the 10 pack dimmers are $350, so 3x350+20=$1070 USD ($1416.36 CAD) then if I get charged less than 34% in import tax ($1416.36 * 1.34 = $1897.92), then it would be cheaper to purchase from the US, otherwise, I should just purchase them individually from Canada.

Hey so how did you come to 34%? I can’t find the info for electrical duties and regulations.

So you would prefer us not to do giant bulk orders? So we don’t kill your profit margin,

No, we love bulk orders! Eating some shipping costs is just part of business - I just wanted to illustrate why we did charge the $20 shipping fee as I know some people think its outrageous.

I just want to throw out here that we will also be launching Inovelli.ca shortly where you can buy from and it will be fulfilled by Aartech, so you won’t have to pay the customs fees and the shipping will be whatever Aartech charges.

We’ll have our own sales aside from Aartech (we’ll eat the margin ourselves, it’s ok) but the overall goal of this was exactly as @Courtney_Inovelli said – we just wanted to make sure our Canadian friends are taken care of. It was very hard for us to operate up there without opening a physical office which didn’t make sense for us based on the order volume vs the US.

Basically, whenever something was returned to Amazon, it had to be destroyed because there was no way to send it back to us in the US without paying a freight forwarding fee. The minimum order quantity from our manufacturer would last longer than the storage time on Amazon and we’d get charged long-term storage fees, and idk why, but Canadian’s are very good with their money and frugal lol so the only way we could sell these things quickly was when there was a sale. I’m actually impressed at how patient you all can be!

So, with all those factors, it just made sense to partner with Aartech and allow them to take care of you. We plan on supporting them as best as we can as we want this to work. The rewards program will also work when you purchase from Aartech and it will be the same number of points as if you were to buy from inovelli.ca.

Finally, as for the 10-Packs, those were launched as a test initially to see how well they sold (massive success) so we plan on talking to Aartech on purchasing these in the future.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hey Stop it! We want to make sure your taken care of too! How else are we gonna get leet Smarthome tech if you cant afford your R&D department? :laughing:

Man you should have told us! Most of us would have driven to the Warehouse to pick them up ourselves! We would definitely handle the “Disposal” Proccess!

Its because we always have to wait for the ice roads to open back up and the Canadian geese flocks to enter thier passive phase. :rofl:

Can you please stop sending those geese south??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

There is something you need to understand…

migrating_geese

5 Likes

I’m at my sons football game Saturday morning. Nice and early, 7:45am. All of a sudden we hear pop pop pop in the corn field a half a mile away or so. In this example, I think we lost the comptroller, CIA informant and some of the stealth cargo.

Emailed sales at Aartech, and Robert replied and now has added the 10 pack on the Canadian site.

Here comes 20 dimmers and 10 switches, plus any straggler one offs for things I missed.

2 Likes

Are they getting any black series 10 pks?