Hey Canada, we got you! 🇨🇦

No, we love bulk orders! Eating some shipping costs is just part of business - I just wanted to illustrate why we did charge the $20 shipping fee as I know some people think its outrageous.

I just want to throw out here that we will also be launching Inovelli.ca shortly where you can buy from and it will be fulfilled by Aartech, so you won’t have to pay the customs fees and the shipping will be whatever Aartech charges.

We’ll have our own sales aside from Aartech (we’ll eat the margin ourselves, it’s ok) but the overall goal of this was exactly as @Courtney_Inovelli said – we just wanted to make sure our Canadian friends are taken care of. It was very hard for us to operate up there without opening a physical office which didn’t make sense for us based on the order volume vs the US.

Basically, whenever something was returned to Amazon, it had to be destroyed because there was no way to send it back to us in the US without paying a freight forwarding fee. The minimum order quantity from our manufacturer would last longer than the storage time on Amazon and we’d get charged long-term storage fees, and idk why, but Canadian’s are very good with their money and frugal lol so the only way we could sell these things quickly was when there was a sale. I’m actually impressed at how patient you all can be!

So, with all those factors, it just made sense to partner with Aartech and allow them to take care of you. We plan on supporting them as best as we can as we want this to work. The rewards program will also work when you purchase from Aartech and it will be the same number of points as if you were to buy from inovelli.ca.

Finally, as for the 10-Packs, those were launched as a test initially to see how well they sold (massive success) so we plan on talking to Aartech on purchasing these in the future.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hey Stop it! We want to make sure your taken care of too! How else are we gonna get leet Smarthome tech if you cant afford your R&D department? :laughing:

Man you should have told us! Most of us would have driven to the Warehouse to pick them up ourselves! We would definitely handle the “Disposal” Proccess!

Its because we always have to wait for the ice roads to open back up and the Canadian geese flocks to enter thier passive phase. :rofl:

Can you please stop sending those geese south??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

There is something you need to understand…

migrating_geese

5 Likes

I’m at my sons football game Saturday morning. Nice and early, 7:45am. All of a sudden we hear pop pop pop in the corn field a half a mile away or so. In this example, I think we lost the comptroller, CIA informant and some of the stealth cargo.

Emailed sales at Aartech, and Robert replied and now has added the 10 pack on the Canadian site.

Here comes 20 dimmers and 10 switches, plus any straggler one offs for things I missed.

2 Likes

Are they getting any black series 10 pks?

The black series 10 packs are going to be discontinued due to lack of demand. The one person who did order one is getting a free upgrade to the red 10 pack.

I meant the black series on/off, not the dimmers

lol. There is a higher chance they would just get a second 10 pack. But that’s still unlikely.

Glad i had purchased (almost) all my switches earlier this summer. Used to be 52.80$ for a red series dimmer on Amazon.ca, now they are 64.99$, a 23% increase. (sold by another supplier though)

Although on aartech they are 55.99$, shipping is 8.99 so it comes out to 64.98$ if you get a single switch with free shipping over 100$ in purchases. Single switch purchases may be less common so it’s probably not that big a deal.

Will still choose the inovelli ones over zooz for my remaining needs, first and foremost for OCD reasons lol but also because they are the better switch.

2 Likes

Hello, I am curious - is there still a plan for Aartech to sell through Amazon.ca as was previously mentioned?

It looks like they currently are selling through Amazon.ca - same price as their website it appears (same price including shipping)

https://www.amazon.ca/Inovelli-Monitoring-Technology-Notifications-Indicator/dp/B07S1BMMGH/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=inovelli&qid=1600785927&sr=8-3

2 Likes

Is “SmartHomeTech Canada” the same as Aartech? I saw this listing and assumed it was different.

Yea that’s Aartech!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

I purchased two Inovelli black series dimmers off Amazon.ca on August 23rd on a whim after hearing the great reviews. I purchased them for $32.50 each, from Inovelli.

After install I was impressed so went to buy more and found they were sold out. Since then I’ve checked amazon regularly for more stock, but only found inflated prices with no prime delivery.

I’m no stranger to Aartech, but I’m surprised to see the new pricing on the dimmers, $18 more for each unit + $9 shipping seems pretty steep.

Was the $32.50 I paid on Amazon a blowout price by Inovelli to clear stock? I was hoping to pick up another 5 or so units, plus some black series on/off, the cost is starting to add up.

Hey @Sickify. Glad you love our switches!

The price you paid was a blowout price. Part of our agreement with AarTech was they are going to handle the sales for Inovelli devices on Amazon so we needed to unload what we had there as to not create confusion. We discounted them pretty heavily to get rid of that stock.