Hey Canada, we got you! 🇨🇦

I am curious, are the LZW36s that Aartech is selling have this issue fixed?

1 Like

Yes, they have the fixed firmware :slight_smile:

EDIT: To clarify, the firmware will fix the disconnection issues – it has not resolved the flickering issue. That will also be something we can work with Aartech to get you on a list if need be. Again, the defect rate on these (reported) would be around 2-3%, so likely you will not experience this. Sorry for the misinformation, @Courtney_Inovelli told me I misspoke lol

What about those that Amazon stocked, will those be recalled or will the remaining stock be sold as is?

They will be sold as is.

Yeah to build on what Courtney is saying, we have about 400 units left at Amazon and while it does seem like there is a huge issue with the firmware (as normally the negative/problems are pointed out in the community - which I love btw, it helps us) the reality is that the defect rate is still around 2-3% (high, but still relatively low).

So, we made the choice to keep them there and work with people if they had issues with their switches. We will send out a replacement with fixed firmware no questions asked.

It’s also a real PITA to get product back from Amazon sometimes, especially that low of an amount.

400 units of what item specifically?

I believe the LZW36 units.

Send me the jig. I’ll upgrade the firmware for Inovelli bucks.

I would hate to find out what a high amount is, that’s gotta be like 25 grand of stuff.

Ooo I want inovelli bucks, I’ll upgrade stuff for it!

My Aartech 10 pk looks funny…

2 Likes

22 dimmers and 10 switches. Replaced all but a few.

3 ways, they are damn hard to wrap one’s head around. I’m thankful for this guide. https://azhb.com/how-to/three-way-switch-how-to/ and my suicide stick.

2 x 3 ways. (I have 2/4 of the dimmers.)
2 x switches. (Still need to get.)
4 x fan switches. (Still need to get.)

PS: I think it might be helpful if Aartech get some of those proper 10 packs. To reduce waste.

3 Likes

Great news. I haven’t checked the forum recently but I am very excited to see that product is available again!

Say, is there any of those blowout devices still there or did they get ordered up in the last 2 days since @Eric_Inovelli posted that count? Really bummed I missed that…

ha ha. We will get them proper ones moving forward.

Everything is gone from our Amazon.ca account so no sales at the moment. Sorry!

Any news on when AARTech will get Ilumin bulbs? It looks like your official US web store is out of stock as well.

@Chrisml I suspect they aren’t going to restock either Ilumin bulb once they run out. I think the plan would be to release a 700 series version, which has it’s own challenges due to the actual z-wave chip order minimums.

Assuming a 700 series version is released it will likely be an inovelli branded version. The 4-in-1 sensor is in the same boat last I saw.

That being said there is always hope they do a small re-stock until new versions can be released.

@Eric_Inovelli Any chance of an official post regarding these products? It seems like both are becoming more popular (likely because they can’t be purchased). I’m glad I have a small stash to hold me over.

1 Like

Amazon.ca can still get them from the USA store

I’m glad I bought 2 dozen before this. It’s hard to get good Zwave bulbs up here!

So this is something that is super frustrating for us – we actually do NOT have any bulbs in stock, save for a few we are keeping for replacement purposes. None in the US and none in Canada/Aartech. We did not send any bulbs to Aartech.

We have talked endlessly with Amazon to get them to remove this because they know we do not have the bulbs in stock, our US listing is closed (unless someone returns a bulb it may become available for purchase again) but they refuse to do anything. So instead, every time someone orders a bulb in Canada this way, we end up having to cancel their order which dings our Amazon Seller account badly. It’s very frustrating.

So, long story short - no bulbs in stock at all! I can let @Eric_Inovelli speak more to this, but to my understanding after we had a conversation with the manufacturer we likely won’t be doing 700 series chips. The manufacturer would be required to purchase 1 Million chips from Silicon Labs and they say they have not even sold 1 million units of the 500 series chip bulbs, so it doesn’t make sense for them to go that route. We will likely stick with the 500 series chips for the bulbs and my guess is they will be back in stock early next year.

2 Likes

@Courtney_Inovelli nailed it. My thoughts exactly lol. Caught between a rock and a hard place!

1 Like

Have you talked with Amazon.com or amazon.ca?