Instant Notifications All Switches Using Multicast on HA

I don’t have any of them, but I’d imagine it would work the same. All the Inovelli configs can be found here and just a matter of grabbing the config for the lzw36 and finding which param ID is used for notifications and creating a bulk set entry.

EDIT: Just had a look at the config for lzw36 and you’d want to create two bulk set entries, one for param 24 and the other for 25 and then you should be able to multicast set them

1 Like

24 for the light, 25 for the fan, so I assume it would need 2 entries. I’ll play with it tmr.

It would be GREAT if every device controlled the notification using the same parameter. With switches, dimmers, and the fan/light combo I need to do it on 4 different nodes.

Yeah it’s a bit of a pain, I have a mixture of dimmers and switches and need to have two separate multicast service calls.

Probably a script that you could pass all entities to and it would group them by device type and make the multicast service calls with the appropriate parameter number would make it a little easier to use throughout automations.

Also for anyone who uses Node-Red, I found an awesome add-on that makes it easier to set the notifications using multicast.

I’ve been using that set of nodes without multicast for months.
Put in a FR with the dev last night to add multicast and he added it right away. He doesn’t have any dimmers or fan/light combo’s so I’ll do the testing on those with multicast tonight.

EDIT: Tested on the LZW30-SN, LZW31-SN and LZW36 and this node pallet is working perfectly with multicast. This is by far the best way for anybody using nodered.

4 Likes

I took a stab at the LZW36 tonight.

Follow the same steps as posted above
Create lzw36.json (config.json)

For the fan/light combo switch:

1. Open the lzw36.json created
  2. Scroll about 3/4 of the way down after the JSON entry for 24[0xff] add:
		"24": {
			"label": "Bulk set Param 24",
			"valueSize": 4,
			"minValue": 0,
			"maxValue": 100600575,
			"defaultValue": 0,
		},
  1. Scroll a bit further down and after the JSON entry for 25[0xff] add:
		"25": {
			"label": "Bulk set Param 25",
			"valueSize": 4,
			"minValue": 0,
			"maxValue": 100600575,
			"defaultValue": 0,
		},
  1. Save the changes

Re-start zwavejs2mqtt and re-interview the nodes. You’ll now see Bulk set Param 24 and Bulk set Param 25.

2 Likes

@kreene1987 @garymcl I’ve finally found why my switches had the additional param that yours did not. I’m doing a new install of HA and have confirmed that if you first do a bulk set partial param config to a switch and then restart zwavejs2mqtt the new param will appear without having to edit configs manually. Doesn’t help either of you but I’ll add it to my original post.

2 Likes

Confirmed this works for me!

1 Like

I just tried mine, I didn’t get that parameter but it still worked. I did re-starts and re-interviews and the parameter is still not there.

So far, I have only played with the notifications on one dimmer and I know I have never sent a notification from HA to it. I did set some with OZW but have never done it with ZWJS yet. When you first posted this, I tried it and it worked. Then, I tried it again last night and it didn’t work so I tried the set partial parameters and that worked. Then I tried re-starts and re-interviews this morning without getting that parameter but tried the multicast again anyways and it worked. I’m finding this really odd and sketchy at the moment.

Did you setup the manual json files for the devices? I had to do this to be able to use multicast

No, only did what I wrote.

Check out post #29 above. #38 if you’ve got the fan/light combo.

I believe the difference between having to do this step or not comes down to when it was included to zwavejs but can’t say for certain. Regardless, adding these lines to the json file and rebooting zwavejs gets the multicast working for notifications.

As I posted in the initial post I made, it works without that parameter.

I definitely agree there is some weirdness. All of my testing has been from new installs (I think I’m on my 4th lol) who knows what weird environment differences we have. Glad its working though, hopefully it stays that way. I’ll have to look at the configs and see if the method I posted alters the configs similar to what what @MRobi posted, I’m guessing it does but I’ll check.

Does it though? Because based on your initial post you said it worked, then it didn’t, then partial parameters worked and then didn’t. And after restarts and reinterviews it worked again. I’m only trying to help by directing you to the solution that others have used that works 100% of the time, not 50%. If you’ve got it working 100% of the time, great! But your initial post you keep referring to when I tried to help doesn’t make that very clear.

1 Like

Currently it works without the parameter when it apparently shouldn’t be working. Why can’t I simply post that without being given a hard time about it?

Everybody chill! We all have the same goal here, get notifications working on our switches using multicast! It doesn’t work out of the box so we are all trying to help each other out :slight_smile:

Exactly!!!

That’s all I was trying to do. When I read “it worked and then didn’t but works with partials” I was simply trying to point to the solution that works and stays working. If people take offence to trying to help, I can’t control that.

As for the why it works for some out of the box and not for others, I’ve got absolutely no clue. I’m not a zwavejs expert so I’ll leave that one for the smarter people :slight_smile:

I’m just trying to share what happened this morning, nothing more. There was a reason I responded to flipontheradios post directly about using the partial parameters instead of the thread in general.

Then you go as far as posting that I posted partial parameters didn’t work when I never posted that?

1 Like

I’m bowing out of this thread. Was only trying to help. I appologize for upsetting anybody.

1 Like