Is it possible to setup multiway with 2 smart and some aux switches w/ neutral?

It appears from the wiring diagrams that it’d be possible to wire aux switches and smart switches, for instance:

• A smart
  • B aux
  • C smart

Following along with Line/Load in separate boxes from the wiring schematics:

• A: Line & neutral come in and both connect to the smart switch. The black/white wires from the 3-wire bundle that go to the next box also connect to line & neutral. The red traveler going to the next box is left disconnected. The load on the switch is not connected to anything. This is the same as the left most box in the Wiring (After) picture for Smart Switches above.
  • B: The neutral and traveler that come in are wired to the switch along with neutral and traveler that go out. The black line wire comes in, but is not connected to the aux switch — it’s just connected to the black line going out. This is the same as the middle box in the Wiring (After) picture when using Aux Switches above.
  • C: The line, neutral, and traveler that come in are connected to the smart switch. The load and neutral going out are connected to the switch as well, and go to the actual light. This is the same as the right most box in the Wiring (After) picture for Smart Switches above with the exception of the traveler being connected.

After wiring, C would be set up as a 3-way Aux and then A and C would be bound together with Zigbee bindings. Would this work?

I just tested binding two smart switches together that are set up with dumb switches in a 3 way config and this worked fine.

Yes, that sounds similar to a few setups I have working.

Thanks!

It seems strange that it’s not mentioned anywhere officially that they can be mixed, but I guess supporting that and explaining the wiring and configuration would be a hassle. The instructions are already complicated enough!