image not found img not found

Inovelli Community

Issues with 1 of 4 red dimmer switches not providing updates

I have installed 4 of the switches that I have and 3 of the 4 are in the same box. 2 of the switches are working great, they function from the smartthings app and from the switch as expected. The 3rd switch operates just fine from the app and locally at the switch but the app does not seem to be getting all of the status updates from the switch like the other 3 I have installed. All have the same device handler per the instructions. If I click the refresh button on the app it will update to give me the correct state of the switch. What am I doing wrong and how do I fix this one switch to work/update its status correctly in smartthings?

I think the issue has been resolved. Went through the exclusion process and then pairing process and this time the switch seems to be reporting button presses from the switch in the app and also updating status of if it is on/off/dimmed etc.

I’m having what sounds like the same issue. If I use the NZW31S device handler the smartthings app doesn’t receive the on/off updates. If I use the default Z-Wave Metering Dimmer then the app receives all updates. Unfortunately that means I also cannot use all of the functionality of the red series dimmer.

This one switch continues to act up. After going through the exclusion process and then pairing it again, it at least is updating the status of on/off/dimm and also paddle presses but it only reads 2watts for power usage when it was reading about 142 watts previously. I am wondering if there is an issue with this switch. I think I am going to try the exclusion process and pair it again and hope it finally acts correctly. Getting ready to order a few more dimmers and switches and can swap it around if needed to figure out if it is acting up or if it is just having an issue when it is first added to Smartthings.

Could you confirm you are using the correct driver? The first generation switches (silver face plate) should use the “NZW” drivers. The second generation switches (black face plate) should use the “LZW” drivers.

@Eric_Inovelli Any chance you could group the drivers under a first/second gen folder on Github to help differentiate them better. And/or give them a more logical model number like “IBS2” and “IBD2” for Inovelli Black Series Switch/Dimmer Gen 2?

Thanks @amdbuilder! Everything is working well with the LZW drivers. During install I think I just had https://inovelli.com/smartthings-device-handlers/#Switches pulled up, clicked on the Gen 2 switches and then “In Wall Dimming Switch (w/Scenes)” without noticing the model number. I should have used the handlers on the actual install page :blush: https://inovelli.com/shop/smart-light-switches/zwave-smart-switches-gen2/z-wave-dimmer-switch-no-neutral-required-scenes-notifications/#installation-instructions

I am using the same driver/handler for all 4 of my dimmers. 3 are working just fine and this 4th is the only one having issues. I am using the handler with name “Inovelli Dimmer Red Series LZW31-SN” from the instructions.

Think I found the issue. I seem to be having the same problem that I had seen someone else have and they figured out the difference in what they were seeing in the raw description for the switch having issues.

The switch having issues right now shows raw description of zw:Ls type:1101 mfr:0000 prod:0000 model:0000 ver:0.00 zwv:0.00 lib:00 cc:5E,6C,55,98,9F,22

My other 3 switches show a raw description of zw:Ls type:1101 mfr:031E prod:0001 model:0001 ver:1.35 zwv:6.04 lib:03 cc:5E,6C,55,98,9F,22 sec:26,70,85,59,86,32,72,5A,5B,73,75,7A role:05 ff:8600 ui:8600

At the same time the working switches have a few lines listed under data but the one not working correctly has 1 entry under data with networkSecurityLevel: ZWAVE_S0_DOWNGRADE

After going through exclusion process and then adding again 3 more times I am seeing pretty much the same results as behavior goes with the switch in smartthings and reporting incorrect wattage(2 watts instead of around 140 watts like I saw when it was first setup) but the information for the entry in smartthings looks correct now as far as what I am seeing under Data and Raw Description.

One thing to note, when I look at live logging, I see entries for every button press on the switch or in smartthings for the 3 switches that are working or behaving correctly. The 1 switch that continues to report just 2 watts of power for about 14 led lights that I see about a 10watt usage for each light on other switches, does not show any activity in the live logs for button presses or controlling from smartthings.

Any idea why this is and how to fix this one switch?

Any idea why this one switch is not acting/responding correctly? Anything else I should do to try to get it working correctly?