Lighting/Switch Compatibility Issues

I am about to install lighting and switches in a major house renovation. Like many other posts I have read, others have gone done a similar path. I am trying to decide between the Blue series switches or Zooz switches. I initially wanted to go Zigbee (Blue) but I can’t seem to find any posts of reliable canless lights without issues. I accidently stumbled across the Inovelli compatibility app and was initially excited. Unfortunately the only 4" canless to work are the Spex LiteLine. Surprisingly the Hue Recessed lights that several people frustrated with the Juno(Acuity) lamps defaulted to, are not in the compatibility app, I was about to buy 40 of the Juno lamps until I got to the end of the thread - what a mess. I did look in the app at 6" and can assume the 4" version should be the same. The products I saw are selectable white lamps not adjustable white (software). Not interested in full color adjustment (Hue). Is the app just not updated? It has very little information about the lamps that do work. Is this populated voluntarily if someone wants to? If so how is this encouraged/requested? Are you still giving points to community members for activity? Or is this maintained by Inovelli staff? There is so much the app doesn’t tell you - How many people have reported success (Adding a up/down vote button for success or rating w/ comments would help people see how well it works). How many lights were used. How long in use? How long ago? Dimming range 1% or 30% minimum? Based on the Juno debacle the Spex light could have problems like the Juno. Another key point would be did Inovelli also test the lamps?

Are we at a point where manufactures are just figuring this out and we should wait until more light choices are available? I was also considering going with cheap Sunco dumb lamps until more choices are available and then replace later with more reliable smarter lamps in key areas of the house.

I’m hoping someone will respond and say this is not in the app but these canless lamps work great.

Thanks,
Carl

Um, that’s a lot of questions. Well, 10 actually . . .

I would not solely rely upon the compatibility app. It is based on voluntary submissions and while it started off well intentioned, I’m not sure how up-to-date it is.

I’d rely upon current posts and feedback you get on the fly here.

Exactly! Why have the app if you can’t rely on it? That’s the problem. Which of the hundreds of posts do I catch the comment about trouble with a light falling off? I know it is a convoluted mess to get good information since one user can have problems because they grouped lights or switches instead of binding, etc. but Inovelli can sell more product when people are confident in compatibilty. That’s why the rating idea with comments would be good. The comments would support the rating. I’m sure more than one person at Inovelli is reading every post (not to mention community members). Someone could distill the information into a usefull format. This would both help sell product but also reduce repeat questions. I know this is a problem on any forum, but this forum is to help sell product! Between relational databases and available AI there should be a better way. I’m sure some in the community who do/can read every post would maintain the Blue switch forum data for free product. Likewise for Red, etc.

None of these ideas help me now since it would take time, but it would definitely help Inovelli in the long run.

If users don’t contribute, then . . .

Probably not, since Inovelli is four people

That’s a great idea! Are you volunteering??