Load has constant power

Sure, I was looking for clarification whether the red switches and red dimmers gen2 should behave the same regarding constant load on a 3-way.

I’m trying to get my LZW31-SN dimmer to act in a 3-way like the other LZW30-SN switches currently working. The smart switch is in the line box and it’s carrying constant power to the load box containing a ge dummy. Parameters 21(1), 22(2), 52(0).

This is important in the 3-way dimmer scenario because the smart dimmer is in the same line box as above, but it needs to carry power to a different load box - which contains a different ge dummy for the dimmer 3-way. Plus, in that load box, there another 2 dimmers that need a hot/line. Also, I’m not using smart bulbs, just LED can lights. So the constant power is only for the box, not smart bulbs.

A bit confusing but it sounds like you are trying to maintain a normal three-way and send a constant hot downstream for other devices. You’re not going to be able to do both on the same 3-wire.

If I understood your scenario correctly, the best thing that you can do is swap out the dumb switch for another Inovelli. You would then send a hot and neutral from the current box where the dimmer is to the other box. Now you have a constant hot in the box with the dumb switch, which is what I think you are trying to accomplish.

You can use that hot/neutral for anything downstream as well as to power the second dimmer. Then associate the two switches with each other so that they both can control the load.

2 Likes

Can you draw a diagram of what you’re trying to do?

1 Like