Looking for instructions for Red Series On/Off + always on power to smart bulbs

Can we get access to this alternate firmware? I’d love to be able to control the lights from the GE Add-on switch.

Hey @Derek, we have not developed this yet, but when we do, we’ll definitely release it to the public. There’s only one guy working on projects for us (Z-Wave firmware developers are very nice ppl) and he is currently working on our Lightstrip.

Hey Eric, any chance we can ever expect a firmware update on this? I installed the Inovelli switch 10 months ago, and still can’t use the aux switch to turn on/off lights. Not a great experience.

Sorry maybe the caffeine hasn’t kicked in yet, what lights can you not turn off from the aux switch?

Edit: nm, saw your Reddit comment.

@EricM_Inovelli - where are we at on this? Turning a non-Z-Wave smart bulb off from an aux switch.

This is one of the priority issues with the manufacturer to fix before mass production.

Hey @EricM_Inovelli - It’s been a couple of months… Just wanted to get the status of the new driver update that enables a GE aux switch to power On/Off a smart Zigbee bulb. Has any progress been made on this feature? Thanks!

Firmware 1.56 does send scenes from the aux switch that can be used by the hub to control Smart Bulbs. If you have a local hub like Hubitat or Home Assistant, then it should be quick enough to work. Cloud dependent hubs might not have the best experience, but there really isn’t any other way to provide this feature.

@EricM_Inovelli, thanks for the reply. I am starting to get a response from the aux switch since updating the firmware to 1.56. I also updated the Hubitat App Drivers to the 5/25 Version. While watching the feedback on the hub, the switch will register a tap, hold and release event from the aux switch, but only for down. If I push up on the paddles it still registers as a down event. Multiple clicks do not register, but that’s okay. If I can just get the up - tap, hold, and release events working that would be perfect.

Can you try with the updated device handler that I have put in our Github?