LZW30-SN Button Hold/Push Events No Longer Sent to Hub

I have several LZW30-SN switches with local control disabled connected to Philips Hue downlights. One of those switches is on a simple 2-way circuit and was working fine for several months. One evening, the relay just turned off on its own. By re-enabling local control, I can turn the lights on/off and I see the power events in the the SmartThings device event history. However, whether local control is enabled or disabled, the button hold and push events no longer have any effect and do not display in the event history. I verified that remote control is enabled (and toggled it to disabled and then re-enabled it just to make sure). Resetting the switch with the airgap or at the circuit breaker does not resolve the issue. I verified that the neutral wire connection is good. Thoughts?

Hmmm – this is strange. The only thing I can think of is to remove and re-add the switch to ST (I know, kinda sucks as you’ll lose your automations, but worth a shot).

Outside of that – do you have any other LZW30-SN’s that are working properly?

Well… sure enough - remove and re-add did the trick. Given SmartThings could see the switch, turn the relay on and off, and modify settings on the switch (e.g., LED strip color), I assumed the pairing was good, so I didn’t try the remove and re-add process (as you mentioned, I didn’t want to lose the automations). All the other LZW30-SN’s I have were working fine - just this one had the issue. In any case, all’s well that ends well. :slight_smile: Thanks for your help.

1 Like

You’re welcome, glad I could help!

1 Like