LZW30-SN - Double Tap not working

Hey everyone, so I’m pretty new to the home automation “stuff”, so sorry if this has already been asked, but I couldn’t find anything that helped.

I just purchased two LZW30-SN from Amazon, got them all setup and they are working connected to the Samsung SmartThings App.

I added the code to IDE so I see all the advanced features for this switch. And i verified that those features do show up in the NEW SmartThings App. (https://support.inovelli.com/portal/en/kb/articles/products-switches-on-off-lzw30-sn-device-handler-installation-smartthings)

I then followed another post I found to setup Double Tap to turn another device on and off, but it doesn’t seem to be working. I can look at the log, and it shows the command is being sent. (https://support.inovelli.com/portal/en/kb/articles/products-switches-on-off-lzw30-sn-setting-scenes-smartthings).

I am on firmware 1.20 if that matters. I did read some people say to update the firmware, but that was for LZW31.

Am I missing something? I just purchased them, so I can always exchange them for something else.

Thanks for your help =)

Your scenes will run just fine on 1.20 so no need to upgrade.

Let’s do this in pieces. What are you trying to control via double-tap and did you set up a scene to accomplish that?

Sure! So the light switch is connected to a smart ceiling fan from Bond. The fan shows up in Smart Things as a light and a fan, and they can be controlled separately. So, what I wanted is to install two switches, one for the light and one for the fan. The light switch is set to double tap via the Smart Lighting section. I did not setup any Scenes via the Scenes section. I did what the link walked me through, and that was setting up a SmartApp called Smart Lighting. I looked at the Scenes section, but it looks like it’s only when i press a button on my phone, it runs the Scene, like turning the light on or off.

Update! SO, I deleted the fan/light from the Samesung Smart Things app, and added it back, and now the button’s are working. =) I don’t even use the Samsung SmartThings app to turn on the light. We just use the remote or ask Google to turn it on/off. But in the SmartThings app, the lights were not working either. And Google had been giving me fits about it, saying there was a problem turning the light on/off, but yet it would do it anyway, so I didn’t think much about it until I was looking at the log’s again.

Anyway, thanks for your help, and I hope this helps someone else having the same issue =)