LZW30-SN turning off by itself

Checked it again just now. And the power is off. Hubitat thinks the power is on. Turning the dimmer “off” and then “on” again turns the power back on. Same problem. It just took longer than 24 hours to happen this time. :frowning:

@DRMiller What is the energy pull on your switch in W when your lights are off? On my switches anything above 2W eventually turns off. But below that they stay on…I’m guessing hubitat reads the energy use like ST does.

The switch reports the energy as “2.421”. The power reports “5”. These do not change when bulb is on nor off. I don’t think these are reporting correctly. This is powering one Philips Hue BR 30 multi color bulb. This is supposed to use 9 watts according to the specifications.
Here is the report and the parameters.

Tomorrow evening I’ll pull the switch out and double check that it is wired correctly. This is making me wonder if load and hot lines are reversed. If it is wired correctly, then I will replace it with another new red series dimmer switch to see if the dimmer might be defective.

The energy readings are not being reported in your setup. Mine definitely change when bulbs are on and off. Even dimming levels change the wattage being reported. Which makes sense. And with your setup of one bulb I wonder how it can pull more than 1W when off…

It’s hard to believe that would be the case. If the hot was wired to one of the travelers (i.e. the load or traveler) then the switch would only be powered with the relay in one position.

Okay. So far so good. There are new DH for both SmartThings and Hubitat. Posted Feb 6th. They seem to have solved the turning off even when relay bypassed issue for me. Been two days now and two very troublesome switches are now working as they should. My smart lights are now always powered.

Cross fingers this is it!

Red Series . . .

ST Parent DTH’s
20200206:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/InovelliUSA/SmartThingsInovelli/master/devicetypes/inovelliusa/inovelli-dimmer-red-series-lzw31-sn.src/inovelli-dimmer-red-series-lzw31-sn.groovy

20200206:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/InovelliUSA/SmartThingsInovelli/master/devicetypes/inovelliusa/inovelli-switch-red-series-lzw30-sn.src/inovelli-switch-red-series-lzw30-sn.groovy

Hubitat
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/InovelliUSA/Hubitat/master/Drivers/inovelli-dimmer-red-series-lzw31-sn.src/inovelli-dimmer-red-series-lzw31-sn.groovy

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/InovelliUSA/Hubitat/master/Drivers/inovelli-switch-lzw30.src/inovelli-switch-lzw30.groovy

Following up, did the new DHs seem to help this?

Well. So far it does extend the time before the relay is flipped. But they are still tripping just more days in between now.

Sigh.

I’m having the exact same issue with one of my Red Series dimmers (LZW31-SN) in a single pole, neutral installation. Local relay is disabled, connected to 1 Hue A19 color bulb.
I updated to the latest SmartThings DTH and that didn’t fix it. Before finding this thread, I thought my Hue bulb was losing its connection to the bridge, but I tested the line at the bulb on five occasions and it was not powered so it’s definitely losing power from the Inovelli dimmer.
For now, I wrote a webCoRE piston to detect the bulb going offline, then cycling the dimmer power to bring the bulb back online but this definitely is not a long term solution. Last post from the Inovelli team was almost 3 weeks ago. Any updates on this @anon64478871?
Thank you!

What level are the lights at when it turns off ?

The dimmer is at 99, seems that is the highest allowed as it keeps going to that when I set it to 100. The Hue bulb itself is at 100 when this happens.

I’ve tried two dimmers and the on/off switch (LZW30-SN), all had the same issue. Even though I have a neutral (see my setup above), I decided to try adding the Aeotec bypass and put a dimmer back in. Much to my surprise, the dimmer hasn’t turned off in the 16 hours since I’ve done this. Previously, it only stayed on for 3-4 hours at most. I’ll see how it goes and post another update.

EDIT: made it about 24 hours, but now the dimmer is turning itself off every 15-30 minutes for the past couple of hours. Beyond frustrated at this point, sending it back until this thing is ready for prime time.

I’m having the same issue lights turn off after a few minutes but switch still shows on. Any resolution to this?

Maximum dim level? LEDs? Incandescents?

4 Leds 13w each, max dim at 95% worked for a few days then started to do the same as when at 99%

A couple suggestions.

Try max dim at 80%
If you can, temporarily swap out for incandescents. There have been some reports of needing a bypass even with the required load and a neutral. Also, there have been some reports of incompatible dimmable bulbs.

I have been testing all sorts scenarios but have not had anyone of them turn on after I turn it off.

For those that can reproduce 100% this please outline exactly the setup you have from the switch model to type of bulb w/mfg name and wattage and whether it is LED or incandescents.

Mine was only turning off by itself, never turning on by itself. Here is my setup:
Red Series Dimmer LZW31-SN
Bulb: 1 Philips Hue A19 Color ( 548610). 10 watts.
Wiring: single pole with neutral
It was consistently turning off every 2-4 hours like this. Tried a second Red Series dimmer, same result. Tried the Red Series On/Off switch LZW30-SN, same result. I went back to the second dimmer I had installed here since I had already put the first dimmer in a different location.

Added the Aeotec bypass even though I have a neutral. Worked for about 24 hours without an issue. Then over the course of about 3 hours, it was turning off every 15-30 minutes but then went back to working for a few hours.

On Monday afternoon, I swapped out the Hue bulb for an Ilumin color bulb (LZW42) and left the bypass installed. Slightly less watts than the Hue - 9.5 compared to 10. It’s been working without an issue for about 40 hours at this point.
Later today, I’m going to try removing the bypass since I technically shouldn’t need it with a neutral wire and see if it still works.
In my case, perhaps a compatibility issue with a single Hue bulb? I have nearly the same setup in a different room, but using 3 of the Hue A19 color bulbs in a ceiling fan fixture. Also single pole, neutral. In that case, I’ve never experienced the dimmer turning off by itself.