LZW31-SN Red Dimmer - Bug In Hubitat Driver

Spent a couple hours and hard-resets trying to figure this out but I got it figured out and it is re-producible. This is using iInovelli’s driver, not the Hubitat built-in driver.

Using Hubitat Button Controller:
This does nothing:
MasterBath_Dimmer: Button 7 - Pushed: Dim: MasterBath_Dimmer: 30
This works fine:
MasterBath_Dimmer: Button 7 - Pushed: Dim: MasterBath_Dimmer: 30 → Fade 0

In simple terms if you leave the “fade” setting blank, it doesnt work, but as long as it has a value, it works fine. This doesnt happen with any other devices I have.

@mamber, I wonder if this would be a RM or a driver issue…?

Yea I wasnt sure either. So I did test it with other dimmers I have, and it’s not broken with them.

I suppose it could be actually broken in RM…but other drivers account for it some way?

But, this would appear bad to a new user so I wanted to report it.

1 Like

Most likely a Driver or Firmware issue. The LZW drivers are maintained by @EricM_Inovelli (I work on the VZW and VZM drivers)

@JeremyG what version driver and firmware are you running?

1 Like

Firmware is 1.61 Driver is…whatever is latest from github heh.

Is it this one?

Yea
/**

• Inovelli Dimmer Red Series LZW31-SN
  • Author: Eric Maycock (erocm123)
  • Date: 2022-05-04

If you leave “info” logging on in the driver, as it is by default, you should see commands that are called be spit out to Logs (this is a bit different from what this normally means, but it is indeed info with these drivers).

For example, you might see something like this:

Screenshot 2023-05-02 at 00.04.49

What I’m wondering is: what do you see in the case that fails versus the case that works? This will show you what the app is actually sending to the driver and would give a better idea of what to look for in the driver if it is indeed a problem there (I would tend to think so as well given that I have not seen any issues with the app — but note that if you’re using an outdated driver, it could very well be the problem, as there was a change a while back, so make sure you are really on the latest).

If nothing else, there may at least be errors or something in the Logs that will give better clues than just that it doesn’t work.

1 Like