LZW31-SN Routines Not Working with New Device Handler

That all looks correct to me. If you don’t know what the Edge drivers are, then that isn’t the issue. Those are under development for a transition down the road. They’re not ready for prime time, which is why I asked.

The only difference between your dimmer and mine is that you are on a newer firmware. (I’m on 1.47, you are on 1.57.) Not sure about Eric. I wouldn’t think that would make a difference, but who knows. @EricM_Inovelli may have some insight.

In the meantime, you could try using a button manager instead of a routine. The buttons are properly exposed there, although given what you are presently experiencing, it’s hard to say if it will work properly. Worth a shot though.

Can you manually set the LED color by changing the color of the dimmer light? Just wondering if it’s functional at all. Also can you post the ST Live Logging while trying to perform this automation?

Yeah, I did do the Smart Lighting Routines, but they are super buggy (as are regular routines I suppose). They will turn on the wrong lights or not turn on lights at all or take 20 seconds for the lights to turn on or turn some of the lights on and not others. That could be a smartthings issue, but seems wonky that a simple if>then statement isn’t executed correctly and efficiently.

So looks like i have an error when I set up the routine using the Smart Lighting app. Below is a capture of the Live Logging when I set up the routine:

I’d start there on the ST community forums or perhaps @EricM_Inovelli can translate that. That’s got to be the issue!

I can manually change the LED color in the settings of the device. No issue there.

1 Like

Agree with @kreene1987 . I’d wait to see what EricM says, then maybe head over to the ST community.

You definitely have a lot of weirdness there. I’ve been using both SmartLighting and the various iterations of routines/automations and they all work with very infrequent hiccups.

Have you done a Zwave repair? Not sure that will help but it can’t hurt to do some mesh maintenance.

I’d also consider excluding a switch and factory resetting it. Then add it back. See if anything changes.

Nothing quite like an, “Ambiguous Method Overloading” error, am I right @EricM_Inovelli?

Just a heads up, Eric’s out until tomorrow (Friday) so we’ll have to wait until then bc I have no idea what that means!

Sorry ST has been giving you some issues, I promise once you get the hang of it, your experience will be much better :slight_smile:

EUREKA!! I think… When I get to “Select Trigger>Button” it asks me “Which Button” and in there, there is the device button (e.g. Pendant Down Button) which I was selecting. This was not correct. I need to just select the device (and not the device button). So selecting “Pendant Lights” would then take me to the “Button Number” where I would use the “Button Mapping” to select the correct trigger. So, now everything seems to be working and I’ve been able to get the automations to run correctly without issue. Appreciate all the help here…don’t think I could’ve gotten it without all the input.

5 Likes

Nice! Glad you got it figured out.

@magnum003 Glad you got this working. Interestingly, another poster just had the same issue you had and also was being presented the button menus we didn’t recognize. When you have a moment, can you please post a screenshot of the Pendant Lights page in the IDE with the Child Devices section displayed. Like you posted above, but not cut off at the raw description. Thanks!

Sorry for the delay in responding. Here’s the IDE page for the Pendant Lights. I captured 3 different screen shots since there’s a pretty long list of parameters.

1 Like

Thanks! “Interesting” child objects . . …

I renamed the child object names because i couldn’t keep track of which button was which across the two dimmers. Of course, that’s OBE now that I’ve learned to add the routine through the smart lighting automation.

1 Like

Hi,

I’m having this issue as well and went through all the threads. I just connected my dimmer, along with custom device handler, seems to work fine, except the same problem with using button pushes to trigger events. I’ve tried using Smart Lighting, ABC, and Routines, none work. If you look at screenshot, device is not in use by any apps as I have been deleting them and re-trying one by one and over and over, so currently nothing there. But everything in this thread I have tried, and nothing seems to work.

Any help? And please don’t ask me to delete & re-add… not going to do it, spent too much time today adding this device to my routines / smart apps (is a replacement for a 7+ year old failing dimmer switch).

Go into the switch’s settings in the app and turn the physical delay back on. You presently have it disabled. When it’s disabled, button presses aren’t recognized (except for a 1x top and config button). Your parameter 51 should be 1, not 0.

Great, that fixed it.

Awesome switch. I was going to buy another generic dimmer to replace my failing dimmer, but saw the features of this and spent the few extra bucks. Glad I did, such cool features. :grinning:

Oh, and you should update your Amazon description, as it says the full features only work with old version of SmartThings, but as far as I can tell, all features are working for me. I can map button pushes, change LED, etc, along with usual turning on/off and dimming.

Can you post the link to the description? I didn’t think there were currently any Inovelli products on Amazon.

Inovelli ZWave Dimmer Switch (Red Series) | No Neutral Required | Energy Monitoring, Repeater, 3-Way Smart Switch Technology, LED RGB Notifications, Signal Indicator | Z-Wave Plus w/S2 - - Amazon.com

Says not available now, but I literally just received this yesterday from Amazon, from that link… And it appears the product description is gone too where it said you needed old version of SmartThings to make use of all the features. In one of the pictures says you must use classic app.

1 Like