LZW31-SN scenes from aux paddles

I recently set up my Red Series Dimmer with a GE 12723 aux switch with a neutral. I am trying to use this switch to control some zigbee lights on the circuit. Using smart bulb mode + some automations on home assistant seem to work perfectly, I can turn the lights on and off as well as dim them when the paddle is held up or down. However, this only works from the Inovelli switch. The aux switch only seems to be able to turn the lights on and off, holding the paddle up or down does not have the same behavior as holding the paddles on the Inovelli. Is this a limitation of the switch, or might I have missed / misconfigured something?

Correct, aux has no ability to control scenes. It’s been brought up a few times, so I imagine if it were an option within the firmware, they would have found a way by now. My guess is it will be a targeted feature of any 3rd gen switch.

Ah that’s a major bummer. Thank you for the quick response though! I suppose an option would be to replace the aux units with additional Inovelli units, which seems a little overkill. I may be able to find or create my own scene controllers that could do the trick instead, but the inovelli just looks and works so nicely