Hi @zsdn6ubtogqk56, I have been using the GE 1st gen aux switch in my 3-way application and have had no issues. For the extra $20, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to be able to dim the lights at both switches. I’ll be doing this for my other 3 & 4-way locations.
@Eric_Inovelli - is there a fix for this using existing dummy switches? I have this in a 4 way setup and it continues to do this where it turns off the lights when you use the smart switch. I’m only running a 39 watt load as I swapped everything out to LED and this still happens unless I have my other 3 switches in a certain configuration of on/off. Everthing is wired correctly, according to the diagrams and the lights will come on for about 30 seconds to a minute, then they turn off.
For those of you who used aux switches to solve this problem, do they have to be Innoveli or can it be the GE ones?
I tried the fix in the other thread but it didn’t work. For me, the 3 dumb switches have to be in a particular configuration of on/off or the Innovelli will turn itself off after a period of a few seconds. I’m going to try the add on switches and see if that will work.
I have a post further up in this thread regarding my hue lights turning off a few seconds after being turned on. The lights turn off after a couple seconds when the dumb switch is in the up position but works fine when it is in the down position. If dumb switch is down, inovelli switch will turn the lights on and off just fine. If dumb switch is down and lights are off and I switch the dumb to the up position the lights come on then turn off after 2-3 seconds. If I then turn the switch back to the down position, the lights come on and stay on. I have an exact same setup in the foyer (inovelli and dumb 3 way) and the foyer is working fine. Any pointers on trouble shooting the issue?
Did this issue ever get resolved? I ask because I am having a similar problem. Mine is a dimmer, red series gen 2. It is in a single pole setup, with neutral and connected to about 60 watts worth of generic leds. It worked normally for several months but then the lights started going off randomly. I tried everything I could think of. Yesterday I swapped out the Inovelli driver and substituted a Hubitat generic Z-wave switch driver. The lights then stayed on much longer than before but still turn off with out human or hub intervention.
An odd thing - to turn the lights back on via the hub, one must first click on the off button. The hub apparently considers the lights on, though they plainly are not.
(I sent a post on this matter several days ago but it does not seem to have got into the system. I’m not sure what I did wrong.)
Is it possible that this particular switch is just defective. I have others that don’t act up similarly.
The only time I’ve seen this issue is when I’ve first installed the switch and didn’t configure my preferred settings.
Try to adjust the max/min levels of the dimmers. Most of my don’t even start to turn on until about 30% and after about 80% I don’t even see it get any brighter. So adjusting these values also give it the impression of turning on/off faster as it doesn’t cycle through the irrelevant percentages.
The other thing that I saw mentioned was to change the “AC Power Type” and “Switch Type” settings, apply the change and then change it back to force it to get updated on the dimmer.
There is also a firmware update available that has some bug fixes too.
I removed the switch from my Hubitat system and did a factory reset. The lights now stay on for a bit longer, about 7 hours. When they do go off, the switch still thinks they are on and must be physically turned off before (physically) turning them back on.
Next step is to pull the switch and substitute something else.
I thought the new firmware for the LZW-30sn switches was supposed to resolve this very specific issue.
I had many back and forth conversations with a support person that now seems to no longer work for Inovelli on this very specific issue. Basically my concerns were dismissed as being unnecessary and it was all under control.
Has their been feedback on the beta firmware confirming success on this issue.
I have now substituted a plain old red series dimmer for the delinquent really smart one. For 24 hours now, it and the lights to which it is attached are behaving properly.
I am currently bench testing the removed switch. If the light to which it is attached is still on tomorrow at dinner time, we may have to assume the switch is actually okay and that I am a lousy electrician. More then.
PS In my previous post I believe I confused “firmware” with “drivers”. I am still learning.