When I updated one of my Red Series dimmers to firmware 1.61, it lost the ability to dim. It would appear to dim normally according to the indicator light, but the actual load would be full on if the level was > 0, and then full off once it “dimmed” to off. The behavior was the same regardless of whether I used the paddle or z-wave commands to set the level.
When I reverted back to firmware 1.52, the problem disappeared. I picked 1.52 because that’s what was running on most of my other dimmers. It’s probably what I upgraded from, but I’m not totally certain.
I have another red dimmer that is working totally fine on 1.61.
- I used the “binary firmware updater” custom device handler on my hubitat C-5 to do the updates.
- I updated both targets 0 and 1.
- The dimmer is running with a neutral wire in a single-pole configuration, driving three LEDs that haven’t changed at all.
- After it started having problems, I thought perhaps the firmware got corrupted, so I installed 1.61 (and MCU 1.45) again, but there was no change.
- I purchased the dimmer in 2019, so it’s a fairly early model. But I think the other dimmer that’s working on 1.61 is from the same batch. I can confirm that if you think it’s important.