LZW36 and compatible fans

Thank you, now I see more options with remote receiver on top of fan.

Thanks, will narrow down and check in before I buy :slight_smile:

Im really excited to start using Innovelli, my entire home is smart and Ive been fighting fans because of lack of support !

Home Depot’s web site is good about publishing links to the installation manuals for all of the fans they sell. You can look at the manuals to see if it has a canopy module, where the reverse switch is, and what the wiring looks like before making a purchase. Also, don’t be afraid to cut the 3-pin connector off of a bundled canopy remote box to splice the Inovelli one on…

It just dawned on me. The fans I have do have a receiver, I was going to return them an by new ones. But if I can keep them that would be better, so I dont have 25% restocking fee.

Here is the product doc, https://modernforms.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Axis_IM.pdf

Will I be able to swap the receiver with the inovelli one?

Sal

That fan has a DC motor, so I’m thinking no.

1 Like

Ahh missed that. Oh well. I will post a couple I think Ihave settled with that are AC and have receivers

This smaller one for my office which doesnt need a large fan, is AC, and has receiver I can hopefully swap out

and this for the other 2 rooms:

https://s7d5.scene7.com/is/content/HunterFan/3839-01pdf

Sorry and this one also:

Sal

It doesnt look like the CFN-1010 you listed is comparable either. According to the wiring diagram, the receiver it comes with has additional wires/circuitry for controlling the fan spin direction. This additional circuitry is not present in the Inovelli canopy module. While it may be technically possible to get it to work, it would likely require installing an additional starter capacitor and you would lose the ability to change the fan direction. It is not something I would recommend unless you really know what you are doing.

This one looks comparable.

This one also looks compatible.

1 Like

Thanks I am done! I think I have winners.

Will my electrician know what to do when replacing the receivers and wiring?

Thanks everyone, this has been so helpful

Sal

They should. Just give them both and tell them you want to use the Inovelli canopy module and NOT the remote that comes with the fan.

Thanks Chris!

Two points, and then you can figure out what direction you want to go in:

1 - You’ll recall that @harjms recommended a light kit where you can swap out bulbs. Keep in mind that all LEDs are not compatible with Inovelli dimmers. If you pick fans with fixed light kits, then you’d better hope they’re compatible with the dimmers.

2 - Your electrician may or may not want to perform surgery on your fan. Unless you know him/her well, they will likely want to install the fan as it comes, not modify it. I don’t agree with “they should”.

Thanks Brian, I am hoping that since they are already dimmable that they will work. The problem with lights on contemporary fans is that they are all LED. I couldnt find anything thats not,

I know my electrician well and have sent him manuals for the fans and innovelli as well. What surgery would he need to do on the fan, you mean swap the receiveres they came with the innovelli receiver? That should be fairly simply, and I hope wiring will be clear.

I went wth all same model for all fans with https://www.kichler.com/globalassets/products/documents/instruction-sheets/is-300027-us.pdf - if you have any suggestions for the wiring side I’d pass that on to him as well.

Thanks all,

@sal.occhipinti - This fan will be easy for your electrician to wire. No surgery required. You may need to wire in the Aeotec Bypass, but no telling until you get it wired up and turn on (actually off) to see if the LEDs turn off all the way.

Interesting product, I need to look at it for some other uses where I have flickering lights when dimmed,

Update on this, I went with this product and the switch works perfectly, and no flickering

Sal

2 Likes

If a fan is DC and I installed the canopy receiver and the wall switch, what will happen?

You’ll be providing your fan with AC. Potential ruining the motor.

Ok so if I don’t know whether a fan is AC or DC is there a way to tell? How would I know?

Look up the model number or link it here and we’ll try to help ya out.