LZW36 Fan/Light Dimmer - Missing setIndicator?

@EricM_Inovelli : I’m trying to figure out how to set the “Indicator” values on my new Fan/Light Dimmer (LZW36).

The Web Tool for colors has different numbers generated for the Light and Fan indicator–with the Light LED using parameter 24 and the Fan LED using parameter 25.

However, I’m not seeing any “setIndicator” custom action for the parent, either child, or the LED children.

I’d assume the “setIndicator” would be on the Light and Fan children (not the parent), since they set separate parameter numbers (24 & 25). In this case, it seems unexpected that they’d have different numerical values for the same color/effect (that makes rules more complicated since you can’t pass the same numerical value to both devices in one command).

Also, in the latest driver, the “Start Notification” button asks for 2 numbers, but the “Stop Notification” only asks for 1).

Note: I updated to firmware 1.36 (this shows up in the “Current State” at the top of the Device Page, but the “Data” area still shows 1.34–not sure what gives there).

Also, why does the Fan/Light switch only have 1-9 for brightness, while all the others go 1-10 in the web app for generating the notification values?

And another issue.

When I set parms 24/25 to “16714251” (trying to clear the notifications), it set the LEDs so they turn off completely after a few seconds rather than staying on and continuing to show the light level.,

The “startNotification” command is a replacement for “setIndicator”. It is and has been available on our dimmer and switches. setIndicator does not support endpoints, but the startNotification does. ep 1 is the light LED and ep 2 is the fan LED. stopNotification lets you also specify which endpoint to control (1 or 2).

The calculator for the fan + light is not correct, but the calculations of the fan+light are the same as the dimmer so just use the dimmer to come up with the values.

1 Like

Sweet!! Great info!! Thanks!!

Now to go delete all those extra commands I put in there. :slight_smile:

@EricM_Inovelli Odd question. Any chance that “number” is being handled as a bit string?

Could I use “3” to turn off 1 & 2 in one command?

Thanks!

W00t!!

Not sure what fixed the LEDs on the dimmer/fan switch, but I:

1. Used "StopNotification instead of setting parms 24 & 25 directly.
  2. Set the colors AFTER the “StopNotification” rather than before.

Now, it seems to be working perfectly!!! :slight_smile:

Thanks for pointing out the better commands to use for that!