LZW42 and Hubitat issues

Which version of PC Controller are you using? I would recommend 5.39 and using the UZB as a secondary controller joined to the Hubitat network.

Looks like 5.52.301… I’m still very new with PC Controller (& Zniffer). Would there be a reason to go back to 5.39? If so, is it just uninstalling and finding that version to install?

Yes, 5.39 seems to work when later versions fail.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll give this a shot. I’m currently trying to include the UZB to my Hubitat as a second controller. I was able to do it yesterday (once after several tries), then I excluded when I was done messing with it for a while. I’ve been unsuccessful in including it again as a second controller. Not sure what’s going on… Was hoping I didn’t have to exclude the switch from the hub but may have to go that route.

1 Like

Sorry took a few days of trial and error. Looks like the zwave.me stick just wouldn’t work, so I returned that and got a zooz stick. Instantly connected and got rid of 2 pest ghost nodes AND updated the firmware on the lwz30! Got what a relief after messing with this a few days now.

I got one question/comment that I’m hoping is an easy fix. On the driver, if I set the timer to let’s say 1800 seconds (30 minutes), the freaking switch loses power and since I locked out the local control, I have to unlock it turn the switch on then lock it again. A bit of a pain, and I don’t believe that is the intent. It should just send the signal to the bulb. Is this something that has been discussed previously? I understand black gen isn’t being sold anymore, so I presume the chance of a fix is out the window?

Are you saying you set the auto-off timer on the switch? The switch turning off would be expected in that scenario.

If you want similar behavior for the bulbs, you’d need to set rules up on your hub for it. Something like - when bulb turns on, set a timer for 30m and then turn off.

1 Like

Yeah, I guess I’ll have to do it that way. But if my switch isn’t setup to shut off power to the bulb ever (since I disable the relay), then the timer on it should just send the bulb a signal rather than cutting the power (I would think).

When you say “since I disable the relay” are you referring to disabling local control? All that does is prevent someone from using the switch itself on the wall to turn on or off power to the load, it won’t prevent the switch from turning off if either configured by firmware (auto off timer in this case) or a remote command from the hub. The only way to automatically control the bulbs in this setup would be the hub automation route.

Agreed, the timer will override disabling local control.

You need to enable local control, enable smart bulb mode 2 (always on), then the timer will turn the switch off, therefore controlling the associated bulbs off, BUT WILL KEEP THE LOAD POWERED AT 100%.

Could have sworn I threw this up already in this thread :D.

I do this personally all over my house. It works. Stop using disable local control! :smiley:

This is the LZW30, no smart bulb mode available.

But you’re saying with the dimmers (assuming both Black and Red series would behave the same here) that have smart bulb mode, the auto off timer will work in the way javierg722 is expecting?

Correct. It will turn off the switch but not cut the load.

Ok I missed that, fair enough :D.

That’s really good to know though and pretty sweet with the dimmers. I wondered if the associations would work, but if it actually cut power that wouldn’t matter regardless :slight_smile:

1 Like