LZW42 - Hubitat = SLOW

one more question… have you done a z-wave repair since you added these?

I also have this issue with grouped bulbs. Sometimes 1 will respond while another gets “stuck” on the previous color setting. I’ve relegated these to locations where I only have a single bulb but that’s not a viable solution for all use cases.

Is it possible the bulbs interfere with each other when placed in close proximity (same fixture), or that the repeater functionality of the bulb is just poor? I’m not familiar enough with z-wave diagnostics to know how to verify if one bulb is routing through the other when receiving commands.

Not sure why, but in my groups I have had to turn off all the options at the bottom… Even on my pre-inovelli bulbs… I always had the some bulbs don’t respond issue until doing this…

I have 2 fan fixtures that each have 3 inovelli multi-white bulbs… and A bathroom fixture that has 2 multi-white bulbs

After every mains powered z-wave device I add, I always do a z-wave repair

I’m in the same habit of running the repair after and addition or removal of z-wave devices.

Thanks for clarifying on my “interference” theory. I’m grasping a bit at this point and it’s helpful to understand how others are using these bulbs.

There is an interesting post in this thread regarding a check against the current color temperature of the bulbs before the command is sent that may be of interest:

I’ll do some testing on that… The reason that was put in place was on scene settings in hubitat it was causing lots pf extra chatter to/from the device when it was supposedly already set to that mode and temperature

i had the same issue i have about 12 rgbw bulbs the first two days I experienced all the issues you had mention but i guess the network was still building ding itself… it now works pretty good little to no delay… just curious… you still having issues or has it gotten better? if so what setting did you use in case i go through this again

1 Like

@adriang809 - I honestly gave up on it and haven’t circled back to it (traveling). We noticed if we wanted a color shift, we just better pick the right color the first time. I also created a group for both bulbs as “Living Room Lamp”, but also kept it as Living Room Lamp 1 and Living Room Lamp 2. If we need to change the colors, we just call it individually vs. as the group name. I’ve updated to the latest driver, so I’ll try it out some more.

First things first… Are you running the latest driver?.. I made some major speed improvements / reductions of repeated packets…

Next… Have you run a z-wave repair?.. This makes a big difference as it forces the mesh to re-establish it’s routes…

hey there, indeed i do, i have the latest drivers and have ran several zwave repairs… my issue still persist after several days… when i goup all 4 bulbs and change to a color it does it instantly however the next comand after that take about a minute or more… if i control the bulbs separately they respond right away

1 Like

Ok… Could you turn on debugging in the driver and post the log output here?

how do i turn on debugging in the driver? all i see ir the regular logs

thats just for one bulb wich works fine almost instant… when controlling groups is where the problem comes in

I assume by groups you mean the built in groups app?

If so … Make sure you have these options turned off… I know it sounds counter-intuitive but it helps…

after i saw your earlier post (from month ago) i went ahead and did that too…

the logs seem as its responding but the lights take a good minute or more and the they start going through the changes veryy slowly

Ok… Something is fishy here… It responds fast when using the device directly…

In the above log in groups are you using setcolor on the virtual device or are you re-calling a scene?

just setting color… i have no scenes set up… i did but they were taking long as well so i deleted them, wierd thing is when i use a voice assistant to change colors it works fast. not instant but way faster then through hubitat dashboard or groups.

I’m experiencing the exact same issue. I’m using @bcopeland’s latest driver. In my case, there are like 35 repeated debug messages all saying “SwitchColorReport” messages whenever I change the color each time. I expect that’s what’s causing the delay in subsequent color changes.

Anyone know how to get this fixed?