LZW45 (light strip) drivers for home assistant?

@nathanfiscus thanks for the confirmation. Ill keep checking the database to see when the LZW45 is listed there and then restart my ozw 1.6 add-on.

Anyone know how long it takes the device database at openzwave to be updated?? Tried again tonight, still unknown device

I think you need to unpair and repair your device for it to pull the correct information. I don’t think it updates otherwise. I got mine set up but I followed the work around instructions before the device was added.

@harmfulmushroom thats when I been doing. Removing the device, restarting ozw 1.6 addon, and then adding the device again.

This worked for me, thanks! For others on 1.4, if it wasn’t clear find the proper <Node> block in your zwcfg_****.xml file to make the suggested edits. I searched my file for “LZW45” to find that block easily.

Result is an adjustable color and brightness light entity along with the other sensor and zwave entities I had prior.

Then I customized the light entity and set supported_features to 177 like @nathanfiscus suggested. Now I have color temp working as well!

Haven’t tried anything more advanced yet with the light, as color and white temp was my primary use case (TV bias light).

1 Like

Confirming that this worked for me as well with legacy zwave (1.4)

1 Like

@nathanfiscus so I plugged keyboard into my HA blue device. I was able to CD to the inovelli config folder. When I tried your sudo curl command from the other thread, I’m getting a /bin/ash: sudo : not found. Or trying the command with sudo, i get curl not found

You can install curl using one of these two commands:

sudo yum install curl
--- or ---
sudo apt-get install curl

yum not found
apt-get not found

im locked out of everything!! lol

You are already logged in as root. The sudo can be removed.

@nathanfiscus curl is not found either! lol. Its like im in some minimal root account that doesnt have access to too many commands

From someone in HA forums:

The Blue device runs HA OS, which is a minimal OS that only has what it needs to run HA and doesn’t include the ability to run to sudo or curl.

One way may work for you is to install the SSH add-on in the HA store, and use something like WinSCP to edit the files via SSH.

So im in a catch 22 here, i cant get access to root system in SSH and I cant do the commands I need in root. I dont get why the openzwave database takes so long to update?!?!?

You can use the SSH addon to download the file and then use the host system to move the file to the correct location. Then modify the manufacturer_specific.xml in the host system.

SSH addon:

sudo curl -o /config/lzw45.xml https://raw.githubusercontent.com/InovelliUSA/OpenZWave/master/config/inovelli/lzw45.xml

Host System

mv /mnt/data/supervisor/homeassistant/lzw45.xml /mnt/data/supervisor/addons/data/core_zwave/ozw/config/inovelli/lzw45.xml
sed -i -r 's/(.*<Manufacturer id="031E" name="Inovelli">.*)/\1\n    <Product type="000a" id="0001" name="LZW45 Light Strip" config="inovelli/lzw45.xml"/>/g' /mnt/data/supervisor/addons/data/core_zwave/ozw/config/manufacturer_specific.xml

This is for just one item, you technically could clone the entire openzwave config xml and just move and overwrite the current config. Then you wouldn’t have to modify the manufacturer_specific.xml file. You can also use vi to edit the manufacturer file, but you would probably need to read up on the keyboard shortcuts in order to update without the sed command.

Another option would be to setup SSH with the host system and then use scp to copy the file from another machine.

SSH add-on command worked:

But first host system command comes back no such file or directory

I found the correct directory is
/mnt/data/supervisor/homeassistant

When I do ls I can see the lzw45.xml file there. but when I try following, i still get no such file?!

mv /mnt/data/supervisor/homeassistant/lzw45.xml /mnt/data/supervisor/addons/data/config/inovelli/lzw45.xml

SUCCESS WITH THE FOLLOWING:

mv /mnt/data/supervisor/homeassistant/lzw45.xml 
/mnt/data/superviosor/addons/data/core_zwave/ozw/config/inovelli/lzw45.xml

Sorry I corrected my typo in the above post

That sed command took me forever to type out and it had some error in it. I just ended up copying the manufactuer_specific.xml from the git and moving it on the host system.

Restarting Z wave now and will try to refresh the node…

@nathanfiscus for future reference, could you tell me what I would type in the curl command to pull the entire OZW config folder into my home assistant config folder? Would it be the following?

'sudo curl -o /config/ https://github.com/OpenZWave/open-zwave/tree/master/config

It would be better to just use git to clone the repo like in the support article supplied by Inovelli and then mv to move the entire config folder over the ozw config.

1 Like

If the device is in the mfg files, it will pull it immediately. I just set it up 5 minutes ago. If you add it and it doesn’t appear as a proper device, then you’re missing a piece of the puzzle. 2 things need to occur in order to use the device:

1. The lzw45.xml file exists in the inovelli config location.
  2. The mfg.xml file has been updated to see the lzw45.xml file.

If you haven’t done either 1 or 2, then it will not pull.