I purchased a bunch of these 3 way compatible dimmer switches from amazon back in Nov. 2018. They appear to be the previous version of what I see online now. I have been experiencing issues with Wink and am now in the process of migrating my home control to HomeSeer, but I can’t find the paperwork for these switches. Can someone advise how I need to go about doing this? I’m guessing it’s, un-pair switch from wink, but part of that step is to put the switch in pairing mode, which I don’t know. I tried the 6 fast up clicks, but didn’t seem to work. Any help would be appreciated.
Hey @bhart03 – welcome to the community and great questions!
First, you can try to remove them from Wink by following these instructions:
- From within the Wink App, click on the menu and then, “Lights & Power”
- Then click on the three dots on the top right of the screen to bring up the, “Settings” menu
- Click on the device you’d like to remove under the, “Lights” section
- Scroll to the bottom and select, “Remove Light”
- A pop-up will appear asking if you’re sure — click, “Remove”
- Then continue to click next until it says, “Disconnect Now”
- When you’re by your switch, press, “Disconnect Now”
- Press the Top (UP) Button on your NZW31 six (6) times within 2 seconds
- If successful, you will see a message saying that the device was successfully removed from Wink (and your Wink HUB will flash GREEN)
- If unsuccessful, you will see a message saying that it’s taking too long and eventually your HUB will flash RED. Continue to try or force remove it (NOTE: If you force remove it, you will need to exclude the device when repairing/including it to the same or different Hub)
If that doesn’t work, you can exclude it with your HomeSeer Hub.
I’m not familiar with how to do it in HomeSeer, but essentially, you will start the exclusion process with HS, then tap up 6x on the switch.
An alternative method is to pull the air-gap out on the switch, start the exclusion process and then push the air-gap back in (NOTE: for anyone else reading, this only applies to our Gen 1 switches).
Keep me posted – happy to help!
When I migrated from Vera to Homeseer, I had already destroyed by Vera box out of frustration so I couldn’t exclude my switches. You can do it all from the new Homeseer hub.
First, I recommend excluding the switch you are concerned about first. The trick here is since it’s not on the network yet, you can’t do a remote network wide exclusion first. That means the hub needs to be by the switch. I recommend running homeseer hub on a laptop for these steps.
Homeseer --> plugins -->zwave–>name of zwave interface -->actions–>remove/exclude node -->start
then click up button 6 times quick.
repeat for add/Include node unsecure.
Thank you so much for the quick reply. The 6 taps worked as described and I was successfully able to migrate my components from Wink to HomeSeer. Thanks again, great customer service!