New red Dimmer switch setup question

Here’s what I could pull from smartthings:
Current States
switch: on
level: 100
energy: 0.084 kWh
power: 5.6 W
checkInterval: 1920

Where do I set parameters? It looks like these are two parameters that are not configurable from the switch

Ok, so you are wired as in Inovelli’s diagram. I honestly don’t know if on a 2-way installation if you need to have the hot attached to the Line terminal and the other to the Load terminal, or if they can be reversed. @JohnRob has stated it doesn’t matter, but I’ve never reversed them. I just recommend the hot go to the Line terminal as that matches Inovelli’s wiring diagram.

With SmartThings, you can set them in any of these:

1. In the IDE
  2. In the App (gear settings cog on the device’s page)
  3. At the switch (following the directions described on the documentation that comes with the switch)

I don’t know for sure either but I think it was partly that and partly a safety thing. People would turn a light off at the switch and think the power was off at the light, but there was still a hot conductor at the light.

I think I found it

I have the steps done for the smart things integration. This might be a smart things question, but I thought I’d ask in here. The two parameters Bry wants me to look at are 21 & 22.

I think they are labeled AC Power type and Switch type in the app, I changed AC Power type to No neutral. I’m assuming I change switch type to Load Only?

For a dumb switch, use 3-way toggle.

parameter.parameter21default=1
parameter.parameter22default=0

In the github code line 640 and 641 of the code show the default states of parameters 21 & 22.

Lines 709 & 710 of the code states the options of the parameters:
parameter.parameter21options=[“0”:“Non Neutral”, “1”:“Neutral”]
parameter.parameter22options=[“0”:“Load Only”, “1”:“3-way Toggle”, “2”:“3-way Momentary”]

Just confirming I should set the parameter to 3-way toggle and not Load Only based off of previous comments posted.

Thanks again for everyone’s help.

Yes,

There is a table of the parameters in the instructions, however for parameter 22 its a little cryptic

0 = Load only = single way, no 3-way
1 = 3-way = 3-way with a “dumb” switch
2 = 3-way momentary = 3- way with an Aux switch.

John