image not found img not found

NZW30S - No LED signal while attempting to pair

I have a NZW30S switch that is not pairing properly. I have not been able to have it pair since I purchased it. Standard on and off works and x10 UP changes the LED status. However 6x Up or Down does not seem to effect the switch, no LED blink and nothing on my SmartThings.

I attempted to do a factory reset the instructions were not very clear. However I was able to get it to blink. Power off, Hold Down, apply power. After a 5 second count the LED blinked 2 of 3 times.

Still unable to pair.

Anyone have any idea’s?

I assume its on firmware 1.03 since the rest of the switches from that batch are on the same. I have no way to update it even if I had a dongle since it wont pair to anything.

Hey Cody - one thing you can try is auto-inclusion or exclusion first if it still doesn’t include.

For SmartThings, can you let me know the app you’re using and I’ll type out specific instructions for you?

@Eric_Inovelli
Hey! thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately I am still unable to get the switch into a pairing mode.

So I have a SmartThings v2 Hub. I launched the new SmartThings App (Not Classic). Went to the + -> Device -> Scan Nearby.

Once it was scanning for new devices, I plugged in the switch and waited about 30-60 seconds. Nothing showed up.

I currently have it rigged up on a bench top setup for easy testing. I was getting tired of running to the breaker :slight_smile:.

Just tried an exclude and auto-inclusion. I was watching live-logging and did not see any z-wave “beacons”.

Yeah no worries! Happy to help :slight_smile:

Ok in the new app, can you try the following:

• Remove power to the NZW30-S
  • In the ST App, click on the menu and select, “Devices”
  • Search for your Hub and select it
  • Then click on the menu and select, “Z-Wave Utilities”
  • Then click on, “Z-Wave Exclusion” and start the process
  • Now power up the switch and it should exclude (hopefully) - if not, press up 6x

Then to include:

• Remove power to your switch
  • Go back to the main menu and click the plus sign to add a new device
  • Then click, “Scan Nearby” and let the process start
  • Then restore power to the switch and it should auto-include (if not, press 6x)

Hopefully this works?

Can you restart the hub?

Follow these steps:

1. Disconnect the power and ethernet cables from the Hub
  2. Remove the 4 AA batteries (if installed)
  3. Wait 2-3 minutes
  4. Reinstall the batteries (optional but recommended)
  5. Reconnect the power and ethernet cables
  6. When the Hub is back online, its LED will turn solid green

I did a similar process but I started the exclude from the IDE. I am going to try again using your steps, however when pressing x6 in either direction I do not get any feedback from the switch. Normally on a working switch when I press x6 the LED on the switch pulses. This one that is not working just stays on solid LED when x6 in either direction.

Oh my mistake, its a v3 hub. Your batteries process confused me. I have to look up what one I had again, I thought I saw v2 in the IDE.

Interesting, yeah that’s strange. So does it control the physical light ok?

Lol my bad on the instructions - here’s the steps for v3:

1. Disconnect the power and ethernet cables from the Hub
  2. Wait 2-3 minutes
  3. Reconnect the power and ethernet cables
  4. When the Hub is back online, its LED will turn solid green

Keep me posted!

Yeah I stuck it in the walk in closet since it still functions as a switch. Now I am doing some renovating and was hoping to get this fixed. Waiting on the new batch of the Black Series On/Off in Canada.

I just moved the Hub to the same room, and still no effect. I think this switch just won’t go into a Join mode. Kind of at a loss now.

I mean my other 19 work with no issues. :wink: