Out of Stock Item Thread w/ETA's

Yeah, we’re working on trying to optimize the costs a bit. Full transparency on the unboxed, we were in a pinch with the manufacturer in that they were squeezing us for payment on the Holiday kits (as no one decided to buy them lol) and so we severely discounted the dimmers in order to pay them back quickly.

Unfortunately, what this did to us was discount the value of the switches it seems.

We will also be putting out a 10 pack with basic packaging that should help offset some costs. But the nightmares of the holiday pack where we literally gave bulbs away for free still haunt me at night!

2 Likes

I actually got a couple of those free bulbs, which honestly, I would have never bought otherwise (I couldn’t see a use for smart bulbs if one was inclined to install a switch, which always makes better functional sense). If it helps you sleep better, the “free samples” impressed me so much that I bought/paid for 6 more of them yesterday and have also recommended them to other people.

1 Like

It gets better! What your team has created is far above some of your competitors! The switch is smarter than I can control (or program). Just a few bugs to work out and it’ll be better than ever.

Besides, I figured the Dimmer pre-orders would still be haunting you. “Be ready by May”…hahaha

2 Likes

Sometimes those crazy promos work. That discounted pack led to 20+ Red Series Switches, 42 iLumin Bulbs and soon…16 of the 4-in-1 Sensors. Plus…a fan boy…for whatever that is worth. Your “Nightmare” is helping my vision come true on this end…but is also the quotes around the word nightmare.

-Travis

2 Likes

I also would pre-order if it was available.

Over the past several months I feel like I’ve tested half the WiFi and Z-Wave switches/dimmers out there. I ran across the Red Series Dimmer a few weeks ago and bought one of the holiday packs. It was the only dimmer that checked all the boxes for the features a smart dimmer should have and more. Installed a few and they worked perfectly. Unfortunately when I went to order more, they were out of stock. (I also bought a couple additional bulbs after trying the ones in the holiday pack)

You have an impressive product and a refreshing business culture. Keep up the great work!

1 Like

Unfortunately, what this did to us was discount the value of the switches it seems.

Disagree. I think most people (myself included) assumed that the fancy (beautiful) box added a significant cost to the switch and thus the switch was heavily discounted due to the lack of packaging. I don’t think many people devalued the switch.

Here’s the thing- when I bought my first Inovelli switches I wasn’t fully ‘sold’ yet. It was a test. IMHO, very few people who go to the trouble of setting up a Z-Wave hub are going to buy one or two switches and then call it a day. There is always the ultimate goal of having most/all switches be smart. Thus, the real sale to be made isn’t the 1-pack, it’s getting that person to mentally decide which brand they are going to standardize on. The 1-pack is just a demo to close that sale. And that ‘sale’ doesn’t happen until well after the first couple switches are installed.

So when I buy the first one or two, the retail package is good. The signatures on the inside are nice and the box is well laid out; it gives the impression that a lot of thought went into the product and the people really care about their product. It helps make that sale of making me enthusiastic enough to choose Inovelli as my standard.

Once I make that decision though, packaging becomes irrelevant. You no longer need to sell me because I’m already sold. You can throw the switch and the neutral pigtail in a Ziploc bag if it saves me a couple bucks. And that’s what I think people assumed- that dumping the box saved a significant amount of money.

The Red series is worth the $35-40 it’s going for now (or would be if you could get some in stock, hmmph). I don’t think people question that. I know I don’t. It’s a HomeSeer-level dimmer for a Zooz-level price, there’s nothing not to love. If I can get it for less without the box I’ll do that. If I know there’s such a sale coming I may delay a purchase. But I don’t at any point mentally devalue the switch. I just assumed a large part of the switch cost was the packaging (and I think others did also).

the nightmares of the holiday pack where we literally gave bulbs away for free still haunt me at night!

Don’t let it haunt you too much.
My first Inovelli purchase was that holiday pack. As previously mentioned, this was my ‘test purchase’. I’d been following you guys on Reddit and this forum for a while, and you obviously had your hearts in it, so I wanted to give you a try. 4 Red dimmers for $160 ($40 each) was a good deal, and while I wasn’t ‘sold’ for the whole house I figured I’d give them a try and if they suck they’d go in the basement where there are way too many light switches but I still want to automate. I assigned zero value to the smart bulbs as I’ve always believed dimming switches > smart bulbs; they were a ‘nice to have’ throw in that I’d probably never use.
As it turned out, the ‘worthless’ smart bulb was the first thing I used, and it was a huge help. (I replaced a fixture that’d been broken since before we moved in, only to find it was a fan circuit- unswitched, the switch I thought controlled it actually controlled an outlet hidden behind furniture). Then when improving a guest bedroom with no installed fixtures (just switched outlets), I just redid the outlet to be always hot, installed the dimmer with nothing on the load terminal, and paired it to a smart bulb. Couldn’t be happier.

Point is- that holiday pack might not have been profitable, but I’m sure between it and the unboxed teardowns of it, you now have a LOT of ‘sold’ customers who’ve decided to standardize on Inovelli. I know I’m one. If you had an unboxed 10-pack of Red dimmers on the website ready to ship I’d stop writing this and order it right now. As it stands, I’ve probably got 12-15 more switches that I plan to be Inovelli Reds (mostly dimmers, couple switches)). I doubt I’m alone.

2 Likes

Free bulbs? How did I miss that deal! I can give you my address for next time :wink:

I think I have two bulb converts from my last order.

In the meantime I’ve bought some black series dimmer so I can complete at least part of my home.
Since they look the same as the red series, they can be there for awhile.
When the red series are back, I’ll dive right into them and move the black series to the places not frequently used.

PS: I loved the idea of having a pre-order option.

2 Likes

We will also be putting out a 10 pack with basic packaging that should help offset some costs.

This. As somebody who’s looking at a new home build, the idea of a “Contractor pack” is incredibly alluring.

Thank you guys for all your doing. From the free 3D models for accessories to the clear investment in not just the product, but the consumer experience; shut up and take my money!

5 Likes

I’ll echo what was stated above. The “unboxed” switches I got as part of the May 4th sale helped convince my wife that this is the direction we wanted to go. After talking it over with her, her response was “Why didn’t you buy more?”. I went to the website and saw that all the dimmers are sold out until August! At least I can get in on some less expensive bulbs (sad i missed the $10 sale, but $16 is still amazing) and pick up the new fan/light combo in the mean time.

1 Like

@Eric_Inovelli any news on this guy? if it might become available for preorder also? I’d love to get in on it even if the product won’t ship for a month or so…

Yeah it’s definitely coming - @Brianna_Inovelli just sent over the packaging artwork (painful bc we both love the exquisite packaging and this one is boring).

@Courtney_Inovelli do you know when these are going into production? Are they going at the same time as the normal dimmers and on/off’s?

1 Like

That’s exciting; we may be buying a new-to-us home so a bulk package will come in handy. Yay boring brown package.

I’m definitely interested in a 10-pack of the red dimmers once they are available. How can I pre-order?

Awesome! I’m very interested in when these might arrive on your website for ordering, in any fashion :slight_smile: @Eric_Inovelli any thought’s on when that might show up?

You guys work me so hard lol!!

I’ll see about getting these up on the site shortly - give me a chance to catch up after these fan/light switches just launched lol. Kidding, I appreciate the enthusiasm and for keeping me on my toes!

1 Like

It’ll be exciting white!

1 Like

YAY!!! I think I need to order some light almond switches though since the house was built in 1996 and seems to be the color of the decade. Also, hopefully you’ll do a bulk pack of bypasses because I doubt there’s a neutral in every gang box.

I mean, if you didn’t make such awesome stuff, we could probably let you slide :joy:

1 Like

I’m guessing you probably want these to be toggle too, right?

2 Likes