Power reporting while DLC On

Hi Experts,
First of all, I am thoroughly impressed with what a Red series dimmer can do. The possibilities seem endless. So, huge Kudos to the team for imagining and making such a product.

However, I have run into a minor issue. It seems like the power reporting of the red series dimmer is disabled when DLC is on. Is this by design? Is there a way to enable power reporting while local controls are disabled. Any guidance would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks

@EricM_Inovelli @Eric_Inovelli Would greatly appreciate if you can take a look at this and provide your response. Thanks

Hmmmm… I haven’t tested this, but I’m surprised this is the first time we’ve heard about this so I’m wondering if there’s a setting that may have inadvertently came on.

I’ll take a look when I get home today to see if DLC interrupts power monitoring.

Can you let me know what hub you have and if you’ve changed any other parameters?

EDIT: Just pulled up your order (to see approximately what firmware version you may be on) – are you referencing the switch from Nov 2019? If so, is it still on stock firmware?

Thanks Eric. I am on the latest production firmware 1.57.otz and 1.45.bin and using the dimmer with Hubitat (C-4). I tested it by enabling local controls and it started reporting the power and then when I disabled local controls it just shows 0W.

Quick check @Eric_Inovelli, any update on this

Does it show 0W with the load on/off/both?

Both when DLC is on

I’m using HA with zwavejs2mqtt with a dimmer running the 1.61 firmware. So lots of differences…

I disabled local control (not remote) and I see 1.6W when off and 65W when on. I believe @Eric_Inovelli has a C-7 so maybe he can do a more equivalent test.

On SmartThings, LZW31-SN on 1.47. Power meter IS reporting instant consumption with DLC turned on.

Agreed. My HA/ZJS2M setup is reporting properly in both DLC scenario’s.

Ok, I will try one more time to replicate the issue and report back

Hi All,
I tried it again, but the issue remains the same at least for the Hubitat C-4 hub that I am using.
The power reporting is disable with DLC on. I also would like to mention that I have it setup as On/Off only using parameter 52 but not sure if that will interfere with power reporting.
Thanks