Product Request: Switch with Dimmer LED Bar

So I am fully dimmed in my house for the switches that matter, but have a few remaining switches that have fluorescent lights and need switches,

HOWEVER,

I am unwilling to compromise the “look” of the LED bar notifications and some of the locations would be optimal for notifications.

Please make a Red switch with the dimmer look, I’m fine if the bar is off or 100%, I just want the same look/feel and notifications.

And yes, I realize setting dimming speed to 0 is similar, but I prefer the physical hardware of a SWITCH not a dimmer for fluorescents and some specific applications.

Kevin

2 Likes

I know this isn’t what you want, but a possible suggestion- take a Red Dimmer, set it in smart bulb mode, then wire its output to a 120v relay that actually controls your load (fluorescent lights or whatever). Thus you get the hardware benefits of a relay (real on/off and higher current handling), but with the dimmer switch.

1 Like

This could probably done in firmware by letting us bump the minimum dim level to 100%. You might get a bit of clipping still from the TRIACs but it might be close enough

Closing this out as we’ve decided internally to keep the On/Off looking the way it is and the Dimmer the way it is.

Our decision was based on the fact that you can make your dimmer switch act like an on/off switch by setting Parameter 1-4 to 0 to mimic an on/off switch. In addition, while there is a lot of people who do want everything to match, there are also a lot of people who would prefer their switches to be different in the sense of they want to know easily which are on/off’s and which are dimmers.